Best clip on tuner for acoustics

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72346
    Matthutch said:
    So, I tried in vain to get a TC Polytune or Unitune - seems they don't make them anymore.
    ?

Some of the dealers appear to be out of stock, with fairly long backorder times, but where does it say they're discontinued?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe they're not, but nobody has had any in stock for a while as far as I can see. Either way, I can't buy one :)
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9666
    camf said:
    The TC Unitune is half the price of the Polytune and the Peterson but I found it to be a great wee tuner. I’ve barely heard anyone who has one fault it - especially for the price.  
    I’ve got a TC Unitune and would definitely recommend.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 743
    My fave is Snark Super Tight and then fine tune with harmonics on 3rd and 5th frets. Much cheaper than Polytune and I keep one on each guitar. I've had a couple of blue Snarks which have discoloured. I get the red/purply ones which I like the colour of against wood.
  • tomjaxtomjax Frets: 74
    I bought a Peterson stroboclip HD a couple of weeks ago after reading this thread. Not a cheap option but wow, it really does a brilliantly accurate job. Haven't even begun to play with all the sweetened tuning options yet, but will enjoy giving them a try when I can finally get around to reading the manual! 
  • CryptidCryptid Frets: 406
    +1 for the Peterson Stroboclip. Without a doubt the best accessory I have ever purchased for my acoustic guitar playing experience. My Hummingbird tuned to the 'sweetened' setting is pure ambrosia, could never get to that by ear. 
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1290
    BigMonka said:
    Personally I prefer a soundhole tuner on my acoustic as it's much neater looking and doesn't need to be taken off when putting the guitar in a case. The one I'm using is the D'Addario NS Micro like this...

Got one of these delivered yesterday. Nice little unit indeed, very accurate as well. 
    Anyone thinking of buying it though be careful when trying to reposition it on the soundhole - metal clip underneath chewed up a tiny bit of wood from my Taylor :-(