Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ride. Any fans?

What's Hot
Guessing there's be plenty of folk of an age where they'd have been into Ride, or maybe still are. I just checked out their last two albums since they got back together. Some very nice guitar sounds and production. Here's some of the newer tracks live.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Love them. Great live too 
  • AllyAlly Frets: 64
    Great band. Only seen them play once, and it was a good gig all round.
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    I got stoned a few times listening to the 12 inch mix of Leave Them All Behind. As a consequence I can tell you absolutely nothing about them. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I love Vapour Trail
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    edited October 2020
    Polar Bear's  my fave track of all time. Love the Ride ... Seagull !!!!!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Really like them. 
    Howard Hughes is a favourite.

• vizviz Frets: 10694
    Used to watch them in Oxford a lot. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    Brilliant band. I saw them lots in the early 90s. Their new stuff is decent too.
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    Loved their first EPs and first 2 albums, but I must admit I haven't listened to anything since they reformed. More fool me, probably.

I also thought Hurricane #1 were underrated and Andy Bell is a superb guitarist. In particular, "Rising Sign" and "Remote Control" were fantastic singles.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KDSKDS Frets: 221
    Recently dug out Nowhere on vinyl and was amazed how good it sounded
  • Yes, loved them since I was 16 when Going Blank Again Came Out, which remains one of my all time top albums. Really underrated guitarists, for harmonies and textures. Never saw them first time round but seen them twice since they reformed, amazing gigs and very emotional to finally see them. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18750
    Still good to hear them going strong, although I no longer know what my shoes look like these days.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They were kids I was a adult. They were pretending to rock. I was rocking.
  • Been a fan since the early nineties, love them. Only saw them once back then but seen them a good few times since reforming. Their 2 recent albums are decent and worth a listen.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • Loving the latest few albums I have to say. Some nice guitar stuff going on.
  • I love Vapour Trail
    Have you hear the Robert Smith mixes? I love them.

Been a fan since 1990, seen them countless times always brilliant. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1442
    I saw them in Brighton for the Daytripper shows with the Charlatans in 93.

Great gig, both bands at the peak of their powers then.  So loud though - Ride were using Rickenbackers through Hiwatts IIRC.  Plus Rob Collins' (RIP) Hammond sounded epic for the Charlatans.
  • Oh yes, they were one of my favourites when I was an awkward streak of zit. I've got some of their EPs (inc. the one with Chelsea Girl), Twisterella and Carnival Of Light on vinyl, plus the first 2 albums (obviously), I had the long sleeve Going Blank again T-shirt, the whole bit.

I'm now a less awkward but slightly rounder man in his mid-40s who still likes loads of effects-laden shoegazey noise. I'm your archetypal Ride fan, basically.
  • francerfrancer Frets: 369
    Yep, I'm still a shoegazer at heart. So many great bands from that era.

• JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 907
    edited February 2021
    Oh yes, they were one of my favourites when I was an awkward streak of zit. I've got some of their EPs (inc. the one with Chelsea Girl), Twisterella and Carnival Of Light on vinyl, plus the first 2 albums (obviously), I had the long sleeve Going Blank again T-shirt, the whole bit.

I'm now a less awkward but slightly rounder man in his mid-40s who still likes loads of effects-laden shoegazey noise. I'm your archetypal Ride fan, basically.
    Those early Ride eps and albums on vinyl have some value these days. I have a full set of eps from the first 2 albums. Love them.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom