Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ride. Any fans?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7207
    edited February 2021
    I heard Taste for the first time in about 15 years on 6 music last week and it brought back so many fantastic memories - its a brilliant tune . I’ll have to delve a bit on spotify as they are one of those bands I didn’t really get into at the time despite loving that song 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The rhythm section gets overlooked, Loz is a brilliant drummer (Seagull, Cool your Boots), and Steve Q, with his dubby influences with the phat and driving melodic bass lines. Going Blank Again has one of my favorite bass tones. Andy Bell with the wah soaked solos and soaring melodies, Mark Gardner with more textural stuff. Shoegaze combined with 60’s power pop. Magnificent band. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The rhythm section gets overlooked, Loz is a brilliant drummer (Seagull, Cool your Boots), and Steve Q, with his dubby influences with the phat and driving melodic bass lines. Going Blank Again has one of my favorite bass tones. Andy Bell with the wah soaked solos and soaring melodies, Mark Gardner with more textural stuff. Shoegaze combined with 60’s power pop. Magnificent band. 
    Agree 100% with Loz observation. Incredible drummer!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3592
    Prefer the Swervies but yeah, like them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • unpopular opinion ahoy - I was 14 years old in small town in North Wales far from the looming cultural zeitgeist - music was either rave (I hadn't yet ingested the drugs required to understand it) or grunge (terrible clothes, no girls or football). Oasis dropped live forever and suddenly music seemed like a viable option. I had NO IDEA what I was doing after getting Definitely Maybe and didn't know how to find any other like minded music. I literally wandered round Virgin (remember that horrific faux industrial decor) and picked up Carnival of light because it had the same logo on it as Defiantly maybe - that was Creation records - see the power of branding (just ask Naomi Klein). That served me well as I found records by MBV and SFA among others - anyway point is I really like Carnival of Light - I understand its not rated by Ride fans and it may be because of its significance to me - but I really rate the album, dense interesting production, excellent musicianship and songwriting, evident tension between the two sides and a well realised ideas - I actually prefer it to their earlier stuff but havent hear their two new albums    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom