Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Any Ed O'Brien fans on here?

What's Hot

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    If he could have his time again but be an astronaut instead of a musician would he swap?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    How's he dealt with the "making a living" aspect of having the job of musician in a changing industry - the drying up of royalty sources, the way that people's listening/ music consumption habits have changed over the last ~30 years, and is there anything he'd do differently if he was starting out now?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    Cheers guys, I'm going to send some of these in amongst my questions over to his management early next week, so if you have any more questions try and get them in this thread by Saturday night at the latest.

I'll pick what we think are the best ones and I'll ask Ed to answer them.

Thank you all for your help!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18747
    Has he thought of launching his own brand of cheese?
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3201
    Jonny once waxed lyrical about Graham Coxon’s playing for one of the guitar magazines; as so many diverse bands got lumped together under one banner in the 90s, who was Ed’s favourite guitarist from another band during that era? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I watched the gig he had on the Red Button which I really enjoyed. I'm not a fan of Radiohead at all so that surprised me.

Anyway, when he was on That Pedal Show he talked a little bit about sounds that initially inspired him to play and we had the example of Walking on the Moon ( which Dan then played in the wrong key). I wanted to know a bit more about that - what guitar sounds did he find inspiring when he started, what sounds ( guitar or otherwise) does he find inspiring now? Does he have a sound in his head and how does he try to recreate that or does he start with the gear first and see what comes out of that? 

( as I'm not a Radiohead fan apologies if this is hackneyed)       
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    What about goats cheese? I think there's an opening in the market for rock star goats cheese.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Did he help take down the Dutch site which had an illegal copy of Amnesiac to download, back in 2001? If so then I was the doofus/hero who pointed him to said site after he emailed me for the link. I didn't know it was him, but the email was signed "Ed" and I didn't put 2+2 together..... I subsequently bought the hardback book version of Amnesiac, your honour.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Please could you do the album we all kind of want where you dial up the guitars to ten and rock out 12 anthems please?

I love all the Radiohead albums, but knowing they are a superb three guitar alt rock band as well, would be great to hear from them. 
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3844
    edited October 2020
    Living in Oxford, I've bumped into Thom Yorke a couple of times over the years. Most recently, I thought a tramp was standing behind me in the queue in M&S food hall. Back in the day when OK Computer had just come out, I walked past him on the street and for some reason, told him I preferred The Bends. He wasn't happy.

@stonevibe So my question for Ed would be: What's the weirdest / most random etc. thing a fan has said to you?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2020
    Alex James from Blur has already got the rockstar cheese niche nailed I'm afraid. 

https://www.pongcheese.co.uk/shop/alex-james-co-cheese/

We all know him and Jonny are fx pedal fanatics but what would be his desert island fx pedals? Which five pedals would he take and why? 
    Deluxe Memory Man and Line 6 DL4 would be two of them
    Lebarque said:
    We all know him and Jonny are fx pedal fanatics but what would be his desert island fx pedals? Which five pedals would he take and why? 
    And there would probably be a thorpy fuzz in there too. Right, we are down to what would the other two pedals be? ;)
  • Lebarque said:
    And there would probably be a thorpy fuzz in there too. Right, we are down to what would the other two pedals be? ;)
    https://mobile.twitter.com/EOBOfficial/status/1257336850425012230
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    edited October 2020
    What about goats cheese? I think there's an opening in the market for rock star goats cheese.
    Ed O' Brie N, surely?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Dyson or Henry?
  • soma1975 said:
    Ed O' Brie N, surely?
    Radioched(dar)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well as that’s been done... there’s a fire, it’s late at night, for some bizarre reason his wife has let him keep his favourite EOB strat and his favourite Rick 360  next to the bed, to get out of the house safely he understandably (as a true gent) will be holding his wife’s hand, leaving just one free hand for a guitar. Which one does he grab? 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    Lebarque said:
    Living in Oxford, I've bumped into Thom Yorke a couple of times over the years. Most recently, I thought a tramp was standing behind me in the queue in M&S food hall. Back in the day when OK Computer had just come out, I walked past him on the street and for some reason, told him I preferred The Bends. He wasn't happy.

@stonevibe So my question for Ed would be: What's the weirdest / most random etc. thing a fan has said to you?
    Thom followed me round Oxford one evening; well he came into the pub where we were drinking and shortly afterwards into the curry house next door to collect his takeaway. On another occasion I was chatting to a lady at the school sports day who mentioned that her husband was at Glastonbury. "Who's he planning to see?" I asked. "He's performing" was the reply. It was Jonny's wife and he was performing "There Will be Blood"
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18747
    Lebarque said:
    Alex James from Blur has already got the rockstar cheese niche nailed I'm afraid. 

https://www.pongcheese.co.uk/shop/alex-james-co-cheese/

Really...?   ;)