Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

i listened to Peter Frampton for the first time today

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22871
    I've said this many times but I've always liked Frampton because he was the cover star of my first ever issue of Guitar Player (Nov 1981).  In those days I read every GP issue cover to cover and found it so fascinating I bought albums by many of the players featured.

To be honest most of his stuff isn't really rocky enough, or guitar-heavy enough, for my tastes but I always keep an eye on what he's doing and he's a very talented and likeable chap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    My absolute fave is his cover of 'When My Guitar Gently Weeps'. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited October 2020
    Do you feel like we do is my Frampton fave off FCA.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My absolute fave is his cover of 'When My Guitar Gently Weeps'. 
    I listened to that for the first time yesterday after reading and seeing a few Frampton related items recently. He seems like an interesting, pleasant, and very talented chap with some intersting tales to tell (the story of his LP is epic). I'm just sorry that I only discovered him too late to go see him perform live.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3589
    I was swept away at the time of 'Comes Alive' and wore the gorve out, it was very much a part of that famed long hot summer. Subequently went through the Framptons Camel and other back catalogue material. The live stuff just had something for sure. The loss of Bob Mayo in 2004 was sad for me because he was an integeral part of that live sound covering second guitar or keyboards and was well regarded amoung his peers.
    I remember reading interviews with Frampton in International Musician and Beat Instrumental (magazines of the period) I may still have those examples in my loft. Peter always came accross as the guy next door that could easily be your mate, but he very much carved his own style and forged his own success.
    There is a nice Premier guitar Rig Run Down of Peter explaining what he used which might interest some guitarists. Sorry it has John Bollinger in it!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    Peter always came accross as the guy next door that could easily be your mate, but he very much carved his own style and forged his own success.

The pairing with Stevie Marriott always seemed strange but they must have had a mutual respect and love of the music. Show Me The Way sounds like something Marriott could have knocked out and discarded as too obvious.