Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1962 Guild X175, Washburn J6 - both sold

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Hello
    Would you be interested in trading your Guild for a PRS SC245 with birds inlays and flame top in mint condition?
    Thanks
    Michael
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Hi Michael - thanks for the suggestion, but I don’t think so. I’ve only just discovered PRS stuff, but have bought a SC594 recently and am selling the McCarty mentioned earlier in the thread, so I’m all PRS’d out at the moment.

Cheers
    Call me Dave.
  • OK thanks for your reply. GLWTS.
    edited December 2020
    Thanks - sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I've promised the proceeds of the Guild to help my son with a deposit for a house so any trades would probably be sold anyway. Unfortunately, you could tattoo my knowledge of PRS's on the rump of a gerbil and still have room for its signature.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2020
    Update on the Guild - I've just sent it off for a shave. Well, when I say a shave, I mean the rear pickup cover needs taking down a little to follow the contours of the archtop and gives scope for an even lower action than it already is. Anyway, Guild must have had a thing about tall bridge pickup covers, as my old Guild Capri was exactly the same. Anyway, it's had a further setup by another Mr Norton, who is tech to the stars, and also to me, which may or may not be the pinnacle of his career. The Guild has been worked into a truly lovely guitar and one that I'm so tempted to keep for a bit longer, depending on whether something else that I want comes to fruition.

The Washburn's still here, and after its fettling, is a super guitar for not too much money, and I'm even open to trades on that. It's attracting some interest on eBay though. If I ever want £100 and a box full of inflatable dolls, I have a deal waiting. Hang on, what am I saying? Of course I do.

But here's something else for sale: my Gibson Lucille

I said to my wife last night, 'I've made an executive decision, dear'. 'What's that?', she asked.

'Well, it's a decision made by executives', I replied.

As I nurse several bruises, I can tell you that the decision is made to sell my wife Lucille.  It's a 2005 model and it's obviously beautiful. I just don't play it much and I am genuinely trying to cut down, although I have an ES-330 arriving today, so clearly the struggle is ongoing.

Lucille has an ebony fretboard, and is in excellent condition, with original case and no certificate, which is how it was in 2005. What can I tell you? It sounds glorious, looks fabulous - it's just been set up by Trevor Jones, who is not only a great tech, he also has the distinction of being taught how to play 'Albatross' the Peter Green way by.... Peter Green. And now he deals with me. Poor bloke. Trev said to me that the Lucille is his favourite guitar of mine, that's superb, and so responsive.

Lucille is a bit of a porker, at 9lb 13oz, which is half a pound lighter than my last Lucille. In saying that, if I was only three pounds off being fairly lightweight, I'd be OK with that. If you're keen, let me know - I'm happy to deliver it this weekend as a special present to yourself as long as you're not somewhere too weird. Happy to wear a mask and wear rubber. I just am. REALLY happy.

There are a couple that are, shall we say, 'optimistically priced' at £2990-ish, but I don't want your £2990 - I don't even want your £2499.  £2295 will do for me, and that will include delivery. I want to sell this to a Fretboard regular who won't flip it and mark it up, so it's priced pretty reasonably, I think. And I want a bank transfer please. And a cup of coffee. *

* Coffee non negotiable.

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    Black Gibsons with headstock binding are the best!

The seller is pretty ok too ;)
  • DB1 said:
    I had a question on weights for the Tele and the 335.

Tele is 7lbs 3ounces
    335 is 14 stone, 3lbs and half an ounce. Hang on, let me get off the scales. That's better... 8lbs and half an ounce.
    I did genuinely snort-out-loud with laughter at that one...
  • Lucille is absolutely stunning Dave
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Love the Lucille, absolute GAS.
    Very good price and I'd have that off you at once if I could sell my Knight guitar (going on ebay sometime in 2021),
    Glwts!
    Thanks all. It is absolutely gorgeous and a treat to pick up and play.  I really do have to cut down a bit (a lot) - still, I sold my Peavey Rockingham on eBay today, so baby steps! :)
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Pre Christmas bump for this trio. I can probably get them to you before Christmas if you fancy treating yourself. I have seen something vintage and expensive so need to part with a couple. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    DB1 said:
    Pre Christmas bump for this trio. I can probably get them to you before Christmas if you fancy treating yourself. I have seen something vintage and expensive so need to part with a couple. 
    “Vintage and expensive... “ the tension is rising !
  • Oh DB1 what have you (about to) done? There'll be trouble over Turkey!....can't wait to hear.
    Ha - I should qualify that by saying that it's too expensive for me to afford without selling things!!
    Call me Dave.
  • *frantically saving*
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    Washburn sold via eBay.
    Call me Dave.
  •  I can’t believe you’re selling your Lucille! I got the impression that’d never be on the block. Couldn’t help notice a casual mention of an inbound ES330 - do tell...

Anyway, have a bump and good luck with the sales. 
    Thanks! It shouldn't be on the block really, as it's utterly beautiful,  and I haven't put it up for sale anywhere else just yet. GAS strikes with repeated regularity though, and we'll see what happens. My promise to myself of no purchases this year has led to 34 purchases at the last count, so that's worked exceptionally well.

Ah well, I saw a CS ES-330L (the long wheelbase model) come up for sale last week. I must have had about eight ES-330's, and find the the 'L' model more balanced for me. The normal version feels a little too cramped when I'm sitting down. I'd had a couple of 'L' s before, but one had a Bigsby, which isn't my cup of tea on a 330, and the other one was a 1968 model with a neck that you could have performed a colonoscopy with, albeit with some difficulty.

Anyway, this one turned up, and is a lovely balance. It looks great, it's lightweight of course, but sounded a little dead even though it had had a set up. It's now with a great tech, Trevor Jones - just a tweak to the truss rod made loads of difference last night, and it's having a full set up, fret polish, the works, today, so looking forward to getting it back tonight.

Trouble is, I've had to pay for it, which is always the bloody downside of GAS. Hence Lucille, unless I can work my charm on my lovely wife and get her to pay for it as a Christmas present. Or failing that, socks again.

Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2021
    Guild X-175 sold to a lovely forum member.

Lucille withdrawn for now.

Call me Dave.