Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• I need some monitors.  Will wait until Friday then spend exactly the same as I would have done last week.

Most studio gear seems to be B stock shifting without much discount.

The Truefire access sounds tempting, but not sure I’d make the most of it time wise.  Also, working 10 hours a day in my music room at the moment, not sure I can then practise guitar, tend to hang around in the bathroom or hall cupboard when out of hours for a bit of variety  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rimmers do seem to be reducing the New Am. Pro II Series a bit more than some.

https://www.rimmersmusic.co.uk/fender-american-pro-ii-stratocaster-rosewood-miami-blue-p47806

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Anyone seen any good deals for new strings? That's the only guitar-related thing I need at the minute (thankfully!). 
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    All I want is a bargain MXR M82...
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1085
    edited November 2020
    Would recommend the TrueFire $99 deal to anyone. The amount of courses and videos is a bit overwhelming, but when you find what you’re looking for it is very cool. The functionality of the videos and tab is excellent. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Hoping to find a Keeley Hydra with a little discount. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1133
    Not to derail but does anyone with experience of true fire know if the lessons have a bit less of the “well we’ve all been there you wanna fly around the fretboard impress your friends but you don’t know how, well, Uncle Joe is here to show ya with one simple trick, you wanna take your hand there and you wanna put it on the guitar, now bear with me here..” shite that infects YouTube lessons leaving you with ten minutes of actual content at the end of a forty minute hype? Maybe I’m exaggerating but I just want to press play and start learning 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    StefB said:
    Peach deals now live with some pretty good prices - https://www.peachguitars.com/black-friday-2020/

£3k off the already bargain priced Lynott P Bass now makes it a must have at £8,995.
    Don't believe a word they tell you about such a deal
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Alex2678 said:
    Not to derail but does anyone with experience of true fire know if the lessons have a bit less of the “well we’ve all been there you wanna fly around the fretboard impress your friends but you don’t know how, well, Uncle Joe is here to show ya with one simple trick, you wanna take your hand there and you wanna put it on the guitar, now bear with me here..” shite that infects YouTube lessons leaving you with ten minutes of actual content at the end of a forty minute hype? Maybe I’m exaggerating but I just want to press play and start learning 
    @Alex2678 ;
    Yes, that’s part of the reason I started to use it in the first place. If you go onto the website, there are ‘free sample’ parts of every course, so you can see what you think without having to sign-up/log-in.

A big +ve for me is that there is tab & notation for the parts, whereas YouTube seems to have less & more ‘watch my fingers’ type videos, which I hate learning from,

What did you specifically want to learn/improve?

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    The little DV Mark 50w guitar heads are down to £129.

Nice little backup amp at a push.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180322324851008--dv-mark-dv-50-m-head
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 244
    Hattigol said:
    Hoping to find a Keeley Hydra with a little discount. 

Hoping for the same, I'll let you know if I find anything.
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    andy1839 said:
    The little DV Mark 50w guitar heads are down to £129.

Nice little backup amp at a push.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180322324851008--dv-mark-dv-50-m-head
    Just seems to be the high gain version from what I can tell, although I doubt that matters to anyone thinking of using one as a pedal platform.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    StefB said:
    Peach deals now live with some pretty good prices - https://www.peachguitars.com/black-friday-2020/

£3k off the already bargain priced Lynott P Bass now makes it a must have at £8,995.
    You'll get a Bad Reputation with talk like that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1133
    duotone said:

I wanna be able to fly around the fretboard and impress my friends but I don’t know how  :)

I don’t know really I just like flicking through stuff and adding different things to the repertoire 
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    Alex2678 said:
    duotone said:

I wanna be able to fly around the fretboard and impress my friends but I don’t know how  :)
    Just do it anyway and if someone asks wtf you’re doing just put the word ‘jazz’ in front of it. Jazz-rock, jazz-blues, jazz-country, jazz-indie etc etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    edited November 2020
    Alex2678 said:
    duotone said:

I wanna be able to fly around the fretboard and impress my friends but I don’t know how 
    I just use the menu on the left - that lets me fly around pretty speedily.

I can't offer any tips about impressing friends though - never figured that one out myself.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    StefB said:
    StefB said:

You'll get a Bad Reputation with talk like that.
    thanks - good response - shall we end it there, or find more
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Alex2678 said:
    duotone said:

I don’t know really I just like flicking through stuff and adding different things to the repertoire 
    I think you will find Truefire to be a good resource, it covers a lot of ground. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11901
    duotone said:
    Alex2678 said:
    duotone said:

I think you will find Truefire to be a good resource, it covers a lot of ground. 
    what do you get and not get?
    is it streamed tuition but not the tab? how does it work?
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3050
    Just got the Tosin Abasi Neural DSP plugin. Great deal and its probably the best my recording tone has sounded