NAD - Daves Finest...

What's Hot
Si_Si_ Frets: 384
Just arrived thanks to Peach for the great deal..

Sounds great at bedroom levels, band practice tonight so a chance to get it to volume, then first gig on Sunday... I did originally order a SmallBox from GuitarGuitar but after a screw up with their stock levels I missed out on that so went for the big brother.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks like a few upgrades on these new ones from what I see on the front and back?
    Si you have the taco as well don't you? can you give (when you have time) an honest opinion between the two as home use (I'm expecting the live review as par for the course
    >:D<
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Sick.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
    dibs in a fortnight

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    edited July 2014
    That was a cool practice tonight.. the BE certainly has some balls... I still need to try out all the different switching options before I decide on what I like best. It was quieter than I expected for a 100W head, since I'm using the FX loop you set the channel volume to noon and use the FX return level as a MV for the whole amp and I had this on about 1 O'Clock. HOWEVER, I've had volume issues before with the crappy cheap as shit Marshall 4x12s the rehearsal room use so it was probably just that. 

A few observations:
    • it's a heavy bugger.
    • It maybe the crappy cab, but I didn't really notice much difference between the BE and HBE boost modes.
    • Clean channel is nice, and easy to dial in with just a treble and bass control
    • switching between clean/BE/HBE modes is instant, no drop outs, or gaps at all, which is great. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I want.

Excellent gassage. So a lot happier with this than with the Axe FX? I have to say, the Friedman BE and HBE are some of my favourite models on the unit. I'm not surprised you bought one!
    Yea much happier.. 90% of my Patches were based upon a Friedman so seemed like the obvious choice to replace the AxeFX.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Epic.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    Ditch the shitty rehearsal place cab, an amp of this gravitas merits a decent partner in crime when cranked up!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ditch the shitty rehearsal place cab, an amp of this gravitas merits a decent partner in crime when cranked up!
    Yeah definitely. It sounds like they've got the UBER cheap MG cabs or AVT cabs. Which are fucking CRAP!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yea I think that's what they are.. they have MG heads sitting on them so assume there the MG cabs.

I don't mind so much for just a band practice, Live i'm using a Bogner 2x12 so should sound great. (toying with getting a 4x12 instead)
    @ICBM can quote me if I'm wrong, but I was rather under the impression that the speakers in those MG cabs are not too healthy for your output transformer.
    :o

That's interesting if it's true...
    I could just be making shit up. Probably best to wait for the don to confirm it!
    :)
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5861
    Monster Amp, well done!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Just seen one of these in Guitar Guitar and they certainly are impressive!
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    edited July 2014
    If anyone in Edinburgh wants a new one at a slight discount, I may be able to assist...if guitarguitar have stock.
    (New not used).
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    That sounds like a job at planning stage!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    First gig done and BE performed admirably.. it was a strange gig playing at a park mini festival, it was also my new bands first gig. Stage mix was terrible as all amps we sitting on a metal stage inside a small trailer.. never played in a trailer before.. 

Anyway, sound guy said the amp was sounding fantastic.. Again though, I noticed it's got to be turned up quit loud, a lot more than I'd expect from a 100W head (going through a Bogner OS 2x12 with V20s).. Volume was on 6, FX return level on about 2/3rds. That's not a worry unless it runs out of headroom sometime, but I can't see that happening, It could just be the taper on the volume pots making it seem like it's turned up too high (if you get what I mean, the old marshals I've used seem to get 90% of their volume at about 4 on the volume)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I find that with all the Marshalls I've played tbh.