Hand Wired Deluxe Reverb or boutique alternative?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    edited January 2021
    RiftAmps said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    RiftAmps said:
    Honestly?

Pick up an original silverface model for <£1000, spend a couple of hundred with a tech getting it up to spec and blackfaced if you wish, then enjoy. They're probably more reliable than the reissues.
    Chris, if you can find a silver face under £1000, I would buy every one of them. I’m seeing really high prices on these, the cheapest I have seen in the last year has been £1600.

I do agree though, any vintage fender can be repaired, no matter what is wrong with it, and once done it will definitely outlive the owner.

Rob

You're not looking in the right places, Rob. They come through the workshop quite regularly
    Chris, next time you get one through the workshop that’s for sale for under a grand can I buy it please? Cash waiting! 
    Oi ! You're behind me mate! ;o)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5051
    Ossyrocks said:
    RiftAmps said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    RiftAmps said:
    Honestly?

Pick up an original silverface model for <£1000, spend a couple of hundred with a tech getting it up to spec and blackfaced if you wish, then enjoy. They're probably more reliable than the reissues.
    Chris, if you can find a silver face under £1000, I would buy every one of them. I’m seeing really high prices on these, the cheapest I have seen in the last year has been £1600.

I do agree though, any vintage fender can be repaired, no matter what is wrong with it, and once done it will definitely outlive the owner.

Rob

You're not looking in the right places, Rob. They come through the workshop quite regularly
    Chris, next time you get one through the workshop that’s for sale for under a grand can I buy it please? Cash waiting! 
    Oi ! You're behind me mate! ;o)
    Haha! Fair play.  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom