I've had an idea. Let's make a Fretboard guitar .....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7770
    @munckee said:
    Ha come on now  with how boring tfbs guitar tastes are, it's going to be a generic fender strat or les paul, maybe if we're lucky a strat with a "funky" colour. 
    Not if we send the body to @Winny_Pooh to redecorate with his posca pens!
    Wrap it in some laminate flooring I say. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Ha come on now  with how boring tfbs guitar tastes are, it's going to be a generic fender strat or les paul, maybe if we're lucky a strat with a "funky" colour. 
    Ok, bollocks to it. You’ve cocked the hammer, I’ll pull the trigger. YOU decide the body shape and I’ll see if I can source something along those lines. Instead of it being a dirt cheap P.O.S let’s build something a little better and when one of the members are down on their luck/had to sell their guitars or whatever we’ll send It out to them on loan to cheer them up a bit/help out. Circulate the thing in times of need kind of thing.

Balls in your court.

Anyone else with serious suggestions for pickup configuration/hardware etc?

I feel like giving back to the people of this forum somehow, maybe this is my chance.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    zepp76 said:
    Ok, bollocks to it. You’ve cocked the hammer, I’ll pull the trigger. YOU decide the body shape and I’ll see if I can source something along those lines. Instead of it being a dirt cheap P.O.S let’s build something a little better and when one of the members are down on their luck/had to sell their guitars or whatever we’ll send It out to them on loan to cheer them up a bit/help out. Circulate the thing in times of need kind of thing.

Balls in your court.

I feel like giving back to the people of this forum somehow, maybe this is my chance.
    My bold. That’s a brilliant idea. Something similar was in place on a cycle forum that I frequent with a kids bike. 

Will once again show what a great community it is here. 
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Pretty sure I've got an as new chrome (possibly nickel) humbucker sized p90 in the bits drawer I'd chip in. 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    I've a 335 that needs a lot of work, i,e neck reset, refret and the body needs filling at the bridge where someone took a chisel to it for whatever reason, would be a perfect donor for a good cause??!!
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    zepp76 said:

Balls in your court.

Hell yes!   OK I want a strat in 3 tone sunburst.

Only. Joking 

Solid body 335 shape would be amazing and not common. Proper unique character. 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    zepp76 said:

Balls in your court.

Hell yes!   OK I want a strat in 3 tone sunburst.

Only. Joking 

Solid body 335 shape would be amazing and not common. Proper unique character. 
    Hell no! You’ll get a Strat in Olympic white and like it or lump it!  :3

In all seriousness, you’ve set the bar pretty high with that. It’s been nigh on impossible to find anything solid bodied in that shape or were you sending me out looking for a left handed screw driver?  ;)

I’ll keep looking but I also think it’s going to be pretty bloomin heavy if you want it to be 335 size too.

I do have a new set of Faber aluminium tailpiece and bridge if we’re going down this route.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited January 2021
    @zepp76 that's fair play, how about a slimmed down strat body such as a Campbell or something like the washburn wing {I think it's called?) I have hardware you're welcome to 
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    It will be called the Frankenfret lol.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...