Drumming in my PJ's !!

What's Hot
WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
edited January 2021 in Studio & Recording
So sick of all the contentious shite on here. I'm done with it. I've got a sick AF home studio, with a great e-kit and great sounds to trigger.

Been testing out looping and drumming along, just basic one-riff ambient type stuff right now. Working on my timing and my fills. Thought I'd post this as a work in progress kind of thing. Maybe update the thread as the song progresses!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I was going to upload a video of me playing the harmonica wearing lederhosen and a nice hat but I can't match your skill. Good job, man.  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 200
    Nice! And very cool looking kit! What is it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27257
    Neat. Though I must admit my first thought was to wonder h9w you don’t constantly hit your leg with your stick when the snare is mounted that low?!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • mrleon83 said:
    Cheers! It's a Alesis Strike Pro SE. I recently got it sent over from the USA, perks of the job!

Neat. Though I must admit my first thought was to wonder h9w you don’t constantly hit your leg with your stick when the snare is mounted that low?!
    Good question you know! I can't really answer, it just feels comfortable this way. Actually the whole kit could be raised up by a few cm's but only because I can't lower the hihat! Might mess with that a bit more tomorrow.

Bye!

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7816
    Sounds like a healthy plan and the drumming sounds great!

I want to work on my drumming a lot this year - I've been playing for years now, but have never really taken it seriously and I'm very limited, but I find myself playing drums way more than guitar these days. 

Look forward to hearing more.

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    Good stuff. I like your drum kit and you've got an awesome wee studio there.

Should listen to some automatic writing for this type of stuff.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27704
    mrleon83 said:
    M&S.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    Have you tried linear patterns?
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    edited January 2021
    mrleon83 said:
    Cheers! It's a Alesis Strike Pro SE. I recently got it sent over from the USA, perks of the job!

Good question you know! I can't really answer, it just feels comfortable this way. Actually the whole kit could be raised up by a few cm's but only because I can't lower the hihat! Might mess with that a bit more tomorrow.
    Just looked up the price of that kit, nice to get some perks once in a while ;0)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27257

That's fair enough. As long as it isn't giving you postural issues then probably no problem (noting that I am *not* an expert....!)

You just don't want to give yourself back problems later - you're not slouching so should be ok, I guess?!?  :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • octatonic said:
    Yes I'm learning how to do it right now, but not too great at it at present.

Bye!

• WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited January 2021
    duotone said:
    mrleon83 said:

Just looked up the price of that kit, nice to get some perks once in a while ;0)
    Totally! And it's great to play! Need some tweaks to control for double triggers, but that's my fault and not the kits.

Bye!

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    octatonic said:
    Yes I'm learning how to do it right now, but not too great at it at present.
    Yes it is hard- it is really good to get onto though, especially for your genre.
  • Here's something I was messing around with tonight:

Toying with fills going over the bar in 5/4. Semi displacement kind of effect I suppose - makes you think everything has gone out of time for a split second, and then snap, back in.

Bye!