Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Thinking of banging the skins again.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Most welcome.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    is that an original silver jubilee in the corner @octatonic ;
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    darcym said:
    is that an original silver jubilee in the corner @octatonic ;
    That is a reissue.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7787
    octatonic said:

In terms of volume, I live in a detached house in the country and have never had a complaint.
    I imagine if you share walls then you may do.

In my younger days I had my 7pc Tama kit (with Paiste Rude cymbals because I broke anything more delicate) set up in my bedroom (before the days of pads, mesh heads etc.) and my parents once told me they could hear it at the bottom of the road while in the car.

Goodness knows what the neighbours thought, but no-one said anything.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    chap across the road from me is a drummer - not a particularly loud one, he's into swing and jazz and must be in his 80s now - and I hear his playing when both his and my windows are closed. 

I've always wanted to just learn a few basic rhythms on snare / hihat / bass but the cost and bulk of the kit has always put me off (and I always ended up thinking I should invest the little time I have in playing guitar instead)

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    I’ve got a Tama Superstar Hyperdrive full set under the stairs.. I really should get rid of it at some point...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    NPP said:
    chap across the road from me is a drummer - not a particularly loud one, he's into swing and jazz and must be in his 80s now - and I hear his playing when both his and my windows are closed. 

I've always wanted to just learn a few basic rhythms on snare / hihat / bass but the cost and bulk of the kit has always put me off (and I always ended up thinking I should invest the little time I have in playing guitar instead)
    I have a drummer opposite me as well, offset by 3 houses and ~ 8m carriageway. I hear him daily through closed windows. He plays at sensible times though and if I have some background noise in my house music, radio etc it’s not too noticeable. 

1930s houses and the associated construction/building materials, generally aren’t great in terms of soundproofing though...
    Previously known as stevebrum