Playing outside with Sco

2»

Comments

• BradBrad Frets: 659
    viz said:
    Brad said:
    @viz ahhh I get where you're coming from now! Makes complete sense... I guess it's a little like a musical equivalent of solving a cold case - what was the soloist thinking at that time? With only the notes to go on, (I need to fix the notation actually...) playing them in different places can give a differing perspective to the intent. All are plausible answers to Sco's motives in his note choice. which only he knows. :smile:
    Yep, nice analogy. And even sometimes music comes across to a listener in a way the composer didn’t intend, and that’s valid too, right?
    Completely!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kelpbedskelpbeds Frets: 183
    Brad said:
    @viz ahhh I get where you're coming from now! Makes complete sense... I guess it's a little like a musical equivalent of solving a cold case - what was the soloist thinking at that time? With only the notes to go on, (I need to fix the notation actually...) playing them in different places can give a differing perspective to the intent. All are plausible answers to Sco's motives in his note choice. which only he knows. :smile:
    So true. The question in my head is always. 'What was he thinking over that'. Often impossible to figure that out unless you ask them directly and even then they might not know - or more likely it's so ingrained they have forgotten how they came up with those sorts of lines and try and retro fit it in to something which isn't what prompted it in the first place!
    Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    Watch you don't get nits
    tae be or not tae be