E strings misalignment

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    F me. Nothing lines up correctly. What is the (claimed) country of origin?
    Skuwait.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 329
    Thank you, I spoke to the seller and he said he never noticed anything while playing and would not have noticed this issue if I hadn't have pointed it out. He says he now sees it too but it was never a problem for him, and told me if I feel unsure not to buy it.....
    Thing is, I was going to be a metallic green soloist, the seller sold it to someone else and since then I have been looking for green guitars and found this one....but it's not the metallic green that I wanted, nor do I want a floyd rose headache.
    Thanks for your advice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    Its something I notice, and hate, on a lot of guitars. In fact its the first thing I look at when buying. Not only does it piss me off visually, the high e can too easily slip off the board. 

Sorry to use (mostly) Peach’s pics here, but it is simply because they have photo’s up of the actual guitars and dead face on, so its easiest, and I just wanted to grab a few quickly. 

All around the £1000 mark to £3600. None are bolt ons and all have set saddle/groove positions so cant adjust that end either. 

2x Floyd equipped set/thru necks: 

Gibson gone the other way: 

Sg with grooved and compensated bridge/saddles so zero chance of adjustment. 

Gretsch @ £1,800: 

Knaggs @ £3.6k: Set neck + individual block saddles. 

Some of those are worse than others, but none are equidistant enough in my opinion. 

With bolt on’s, you can loosen the neck and align it a bit better, if there is play in the neck pocket. 
    Only thing is, at least from my experience is my latest 2 bolt on’s, one Fender Tele and one Ibanez Rgd, have zero play in the neck pocket, not even a mm. 

If its a Les Paul Junior or Gretsch type with a smooth non-slotted bridge, or a tele with barrel type saddles you can sometimes move things about there to improve it.

I suppose I mean to say with the Jackson there, it just looks like typical hit and miss alignment in my experience. 

I wouldnt buy it, personally. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    @skunkwerx that's like a rogues gallery right there.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    mbe said:
    @skunkwerx that's like a rogues gallery right there.
    Haha yeah. I mean nothing against Peach of course, I’ve just had so many I’ve bought online that have turned up like it from various sources. 

The majority of guitars I searched through were fine, I just picked these out.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    In fairness some of those (like the SG) are probably within reasonable limits and likely wouldn’t noticeably affect playability. 

The first (blue) one and the last (Knaggs) seem worst and if non adjustable would certainly put me off.