Boss Tonebender pre order through Macaris

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBM said:
    I like to have one of these but the value of it after all 3000 are gone would make me scared to use it for fear of damage, which defies the point of having it for me. I think i'll pass to be honest.
    That's actually why I sold my FZ-2 - great pedal, but at what they're going for now (still only half this one), I didn't want to gig it for fear of damage or theft - I use it for bass, and it's the only pedal I use so it sits at the front of the stage all on its own. My Behringer Super Fuzz sounds identical and I could buy another six or seven for the cost of replacing the Boss, so I bought a spare Behringer and sold the Boss.
    I have 2 FZ2s and I was thinking of selling them as well. I used them when I was in an originals band but the only gigs I seem to do these days (or at least in normal times) are covers and there's not much use for them there. The only thing that stops me is that I love them and will probably regret selling and if I ever did a gig with my old band i'd want to use one. As soon as they announce an FZ2w they're going though!
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    Yeah, I’ve been trying to get one and can’t find one anywhere so if you’d be willing to sell it to me I’d definitely buy it!
    Currently Thomann is showing 12-15week wait.

https://www.thomann.de/gr/boss_tb_2w_fuzz.htm
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah thanks! I’ve just tried to buy it and it goes to sold out when checking out :( ... thanks though! I’m in work as a teacher and was trying to buy one this morning in class secretly! It proved an impossible task though! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've also ended up with two pre-orders from different places. If both come to fruition, I'll give guys on here first refusal of my spare :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks that’s amazing! 
    edited February 2021
    Weird that I just got an email from Andertons telling me about the limited numbers of this pedal and I have a pedal allocated to me.  I suspect lots of people would have got a similar email but a different 2nd paragraph.
  • Weird that I just got an email from Andertons telling me about the limited numbers of this pedal abs I have a pedal allocated to me.  I suspect lots of people would have got a similar email but a different 2nd paragraph.
    I got the same email just now
  • What money on this becoming the most valuable pedal boss ever make? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What money on this becoming the most valuable pedal boss ever make? 
    Probably nailed on I should think. 

Fairly sure it's the most expensive retail price they've ever had for a compact stomp box. 

I'm not sure what would get close to it. Even the "collectable" CE-2 and HM-2 models don't sell for £300.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72363

I'm not sure what would get close to it.
    Original SP-1 at up to £500 for mint and boxed.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Anderson’s totally took my order and then cancelled it this afternoon. It wasn’t listed as sold out for a good half hour after I ordered too :/
  • Got my order confirmation at 10:05 and cancellation at 3:35, bummer. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5423
    What money on this becoming the most valuable pedal boss ever make? 
    Probably nailed on I should think. 

Fairly sure it's the most expensive retail price they've ever had for a compact stomp box. 

I'm not sure what would get close to it. Even the "collectable" CE-2 and HM-2 models don't sell for £300.
    The SG-1 Slow Gear has knocked on £350 on Reverb last year. But the secondary market is likely to kick this Tonebender well over that if people are gonna people...
    ICBM said:

I suspect this will be minimum £500 on the used market, which is insane. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    ICBM said:

and the rest
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Since they've proved so popular, Boss have announced another limited run of 80000 of them.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well if anyone decides they’d like to cancel their preorder, hit me up. I was excited about it for a few hours. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What happened to the reissue solasound  tonebenders that Macari’s had started producing recently? 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5423
    What happened to the reissue solasound  tonebenders that Macari’s had started producing recently? 
    I think they are still doing them but they are double the price of the Boss versions and there’s a waitlist because they are not making them in any kind of numbers. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a tonebender built by juansolo in a custom case design with a muff he designed and a simple one knob boost, all independently switchable, for less than that.

I suppose mine isn't buffered and is missing some options, and the boss probably isn't terrible value, but it will be when the scalpers get to work!