Boss Tonebender pre order through Macaris

What's Hot

Comments

• Jiggatime said:
    Jiggatime said:
    Dan_Halen said:
    Doveholes said:
    PMT have it at £349, which is taking the piss.
    PMT will also happily sell you what they don't have. It's their party trick.
    Yeah, don't get it from PMT.  

If you want one, keep an eye out for USA shops.  It seems they haven't released them yet as the time zone difference.  Check CME, Sweetwater etc.
    Hey everyone - first time poster here, so thanks for having me!!

I pre-ordered from PMT after everywhere else had 'sold out' (was slow off the mark) - it just sounds so great in the (admittedly few) demo videos... and now I'm worried and waiting to be told they can't fulfil my order... are PMT really that bad? I haven't ordered form them before (I try to support the smaller companies).

£349 is taking the mick, but I don't think I'd ever shell out the £500+ for a proper sola sound TB MKII so this could be a way to sample as close to the real deal as possible at that price point (allow me to keep justifying!!!)... time will tell!

PMT has a habit of putting an item for sale that they have 1 in stock and let that item sit there for days.  Then a bunch of people buy it, obviously 1 guy will get it but then 100 others don't and you won't get your refund for like 28 days.

Not just pedals, but someone bought a Brad Paisley Road Worn Tele here a few months back, it is clear that it is 1 guitar, but about 5 people here ordered it.  Their stock system does not link to their website with live feedback.  That is a big problem, granted, its not limited to PMT but PMT is known for this.
      :#  

So.... I enquired with PMT. They’ve cancelled my order. Oversold the preorders. As predicted.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Jiggatime That blows. Hopefully there will be a few popping up before they ship at various stores where people can't afford to proceed with the balance?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    Eski said:
    Sassafras said:
    FFS!
    It's just a fuzz pedal.
    It’s not though is it? Whether you love the idea or hate it you can’t deny that this pedal is directly linked to the history and origins of Fuzz.
    So is mine, and you can have it for less than the "reimagined" one!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72358
    p90fool said:

That’s really in exceptional condition. Always loved the 70s-cartoon style graphics on them :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    p90fool said:
    Eski said:
    Sassafras said:
    FFS!
    It's just a fuzz pedal.
    It’s not though is it? Whether you love the idea or hate it you can’t deny that this pedal is directly linked to the history and origins of Fuzz.

I have to say that if I was in the market for one of these, this would be way above the Boss one for me.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @ICBM it's actually a fairly recent germanium/silicon hybrid prototype I helped to develop and was a gift for helping Macari's out with a batch of PCBs at short notice.

I rarely use it, but it sounds wonderful and cleans up from crazy squashed fuzz brilliantly. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    p90fool said:
    @ICBM it's actually a fairly recent germanium/silicon hybrid prototype I helped to develop and was a gift for helping Macari's out with a batch of PCBs at short notice.
    Ah, right! I thought it was an original one.

p90fool said:

I rarely use it, but it sounds wonderful and cleans up from crazy squashed fuzz brilliantly. 
    They really are completely bonkers :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    I had a Coloursound Fuzz-Wah in the 70s.
    Sounded great when it wasn't acting like the most powerful radio receiver in the world.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • What were they trying to do, devalue it??? :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Such an early demo unit not that they need to demo it as such  - showcase I guess. Sounds fine but not really how it will excel. Needs someone to really rip into it!  
  • ColsCols Frets: 7009
    What were they trying to do, devalue it??? :)
    Doesn’t matter, they’ve already got everyone’s money.
    It does sound very good, but somewhat generic and not like you need to spend £300 to get that... on the other hand you can’t tell how it feels when you’re playing it, and she seems quite keen on that aspect of it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    I wonder if Andertons would even do a video on it since they can't exactly sell anymore of them.
    I think they're missing a trick there, as the way my Tonebender interacts with an amp is critical to getting it to sound great. 

Bunging it in front of a modeller is pointless IMO, but I guess that is the market for a "reimagined" Tonebender. 

Mine absolutely sings and cleans up in a beautifully musical way with an amp, even through a crappy little 8" speaker practice amp. 

I didn't hear any of those characteristics in that video. 
  • Pointless demo really. Needs to be straight into a Fender, Vox and Marshall. That's it. 
  • She's a great player but it needs to be into an amp! 
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2198
    Anyone know when these are arriving?  
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 666
    Fishboy7 said:
    Anyone know when these are arriving?  
    April is all the info I've got atm
    April is all the info I've got atm
    1st?

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom