The TV Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Startup. Netflix. I think it's been around a while but I missed it.
    The cliche money laundering gangsta FBI type affair with that there Martin Freeman in.
    Quite enjoying it so far.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7424
    ennspek said:
    The cliche money laundering gangsta FBI type affair with that there Martin Freeman in.
    It's really good - watched it some years back - would love more of it 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    ennspek said:
    It's really good - watched it some years back - would love more of it 
    I'm not sure but it might have popped up because there is a new one. Not sure though.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4172
    I’ve found two more Kevin James Sitcoms . Kevin can wait and the crew 

I’m also having a treat and re watching that four part thing by Stephen king where a guy goes back in time through a closet in a diner to try and stop Kennedy’s assassination . You can be gone years ,but in your world ,only two minutes will have passed . Time pushes back though if it senses you are trying to change things . 
    Breeders and Motherland have both been excellent. Surprisingly touching at times.
    Bloods is patchy but has a few laughs.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16296
    ennspek said:
    Breeders and Motherland have both been excellent. Surprisingly touching at times.
    Bloods is patchy but has a few laughs.
    I've been dragged into Motherland by MrsTheWeary but really enjoying it. Although I'm also hugely enjoying The Great British Sewing Bee so I'm not hard to please.   
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Started watching Mare of Easttown ( Sky). Such a slow start then suddenly I'm gripped and watched three hours of it last night and would cheerfully watch the rest tonight. 
    Kate Winslet as a sexy granny/ detective in Pennsylvania. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22909
    I didn't realise there was a new series of Inside No. 9 until it had already been on for three weeks, but I've caught up now.  A bit patchy but at its best it's great.

Apart from that I've just been watching old episodes of Impossible.  If in doubt I'll always be happy with a game show.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Started watching Mare of Easttown ( Sky). Such a slow start then suddenly I'm gripped and watched three hours of it last night and would cheerfully watch the rest tonight. 
    I was quite looking forward to watching that, but then Gogglebox managed to show us what I assume was the ending.

So that’s that screwed, then. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    After watching the US/Canadian version some time ago, I started on the Scandi version of 'The Killing'.

Gripping stuff, and I'm hooked.

RobDavies said:
    I was quite looking forward to watching that, but then Gogglebox managed to show us what I assume was the ending.

Ha, I was told that after so I'm glad I hadn't seen it. No, it's a mid way spoiler it doesn't ruin the ending. I watched the rest last night and it's endless red herrings. 
    It's a bit grim and a bit long but I found it really gripping once I got into it. Gritty cop dramas being my thing I think. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3872
    RobDavies said:

Ha, I was told that after so I'm glad I hadn't seen it. No, it's a mid way spoiler it doesn't ruin the ending. I watched the rest last night and it's endless red herrings. 
    It's a bit grim and a bit long but I found it really gripping once I got into it. Gritty cop dramas being my thing I think. 
    Yeh, Mare of Easttown is really well done. Best thing I've watched since The Queen's Gambit I reckon.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    RobDavies said:

I've had that with Line of Duty. If you're in the middle of watching any decent series - stay away from the Gogglebox.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4536
    After watching the US/Canadian version some time ago, I started on the Scandi version of 'The Killing'.

Gripping stuff, and I'm hooked.
    Brilliant show - watching it for the third time.

When you're done with The Killing, make a start on The Bridge, which is possibly even better.

stay away from the Gogglebox.
    FTFY.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    I watched the first of the new BBC drama, Time last night. Very good. Sean Bean & Stephen Graham. 

The Pact - average to OK
    Innocent S2 - not bad

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    Snap said:
    I watched the first of the new BBC drama, Time last night. Very good. Sean Bean & Stephen Graham. 

The Pact - average to OK
    Innocent S2 - not bad

We saw Time too, it’s not really grabbed me yet but I’ll stick with it. The bit with the sugar was a bit grim. 

A couple of friends are raving about The Pact, haven’t seen it but thought we’d give it a go. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22909
    boogieman said:
    Snap said:

The Pact - average to OK
    Innocent S2 - not bad

We saw Time too, it’s not really grabbed me yet but I’ll stick with it. The bit with the sugar was a bit grim. 

I thought it was good, I'm quite tempted to watch the other episodes on iPlayer rather than waiting. 

I did find the casting a bit distracting, a few too many very familiar faces... Need some old people?  Sue Johnston and David Calder, there you go.  But also interesting to see Sean Bean playing a different kind of role, a decade ago he'd have been the hard man.

The bit with the sugar... I realised what they were going to do just before it happened, but it didn't diminish the effectiveness.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4172
    I’m currently watching Young Sheldon , I thought it would be dire , but it’s absolutely great .
      I used to be a big fan of the Big Bang theory , but it seemed to get not so good after a few seasons . Young sheldon has a great set of characters who are all brilliant with their own stories 
    I was so surprised what a great series it is . Nearly coming to the end of season 3 now 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Started season 3 of Hemlock Grove.

It's absolute shite, but just want to get to the end to see what the f*ck is going on.

It's full of plot holes you could drive a bus through, mind.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    Philly_Q said:
    boogieman said:
    Snap said:

The Pact - average to OK
    Innocent S2 - not bad

I thought it was good, I'm quite tempted to watch the other episodes on iPlayer rather than waiting. 

I did find the casting a bit distracting, a few too many very familiar faces... Need some old people?  Sue Johnston and David Calder, there you go.  But also interesting to see Sean Bean playing a different kind of role, a decade ago he'd have been the hard man.

The bit with the sugar... I realised what they were going to do just before it happened, but it didn't diminish the effectiveness.
    Yeah it might be because I’m expecting Sean Bean to suddenly go all apeshit and kick someone to death. It’s a very different role for him. At least he hasn’t died in episode one.  :)