Tips on getting a Dual Rec to sound good

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Drew_fx said:
    Honestly? I don't think you're going to get a plexi sound from a Recto. I'd flog it personally if that's what you want. Get a Friedman or an old plexi!

I have a plexi which is partly the reason I've got used to that as my main sound, wanted the rectifier for the versatility, but 90percent of the time I want a marshally main sound. Also got a blackstar S1 which is a bit lack lustre but just about gets the plexi sound and a lot more
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72375
    edited July 2014
    Drew_fx said:
    Honestly? I don't think you're going to get a plexi sound from a Recto. I'd flog it personally if that's what you want. Get a Friedman or an old plexi!
    No, but you can get much closer than you may think, and you have all the other sounds it can do as well… whereas the Plexi only has two sounds, and both of those are volume-dependent.

That's why I play a Trem-o-verb and not a Plexi.

(Granted, the Trem-o-verb is slightly looser-sounding and less direct than the straight Dual Rectifier, even with the trem and reverb turned off.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I do like a good Boogie.
    edited July 2014
    Or is that I do like a good Engineering?

Mebbe both!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Nice sig ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nice wink.