theFB.co.uk - anyone still using?

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27540
edited February 2021 in Help & Feedback
If anyone is still using email accounts set up on the above domain, be aware that I'll be discontinuing them shortly, so please re-direct anything they're still being used for.

I believe @stratman3142 ;; used some for the ROTM (etc) submissions, and they were also used for the forum's SoundCloud and YT accounts, and perhaps some other stuff that I've forgotten. 

Any individual members who had an account, I've either contacted directly or will do soonish.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Is there an alternative I can use? I see that @poopot is using  covers@thefretboard.co.uk.
    Can I use that or a derivative of that?
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited February 2021
    It seems daft just to turn it off “shortly” seeing as the domain registration runs until Feb 2022.

Im guessing @ttony you originally registered the domain? Could you not sign it over to @digitalscream seeing as you are no longer part of the site ownership or even the modmin team...
    At least give him the option of taking it over!  Just seems it would cause 
    unnecessary disruption otherwise...

But yes @stratman3142 if you message one of the site admin team or @digitalscream directly I’m sure he/they will set up new accounts so that the challenges are not disrupted!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27540
    Is there an alternative I can use? I see that @poopot is using  covers@thefretboard.co.uk.
    Can I use that or a derivative of that?
    digitalscream should be able to create that for you @stratman3142.
    :+1:

• Could this be a way of raising some cash towards the fretboard server costs ?  

You guys could lease Forum email addresses for say £20 per year... ie DrCornelius@thefretboard.co.uk,  I'd certainly be up for that as its way less boring than cong*i*r*i@hotmail.com !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Especially as Hotmail treats emails from tFB as spam - DO NOT USE IT !!!!!!!

Use Gmail or something else
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback

You guys could lease Forum email addresses for say £20 per year... ie DrCornelius@thefretboard.co.uk,  I'd certainly be up for that as its way less boring than cong*i*r*i@hotmail.com !

I'm happy to go with that. I'd only use it for thefretboard challenges
    It's not a competition.

It's a great idea, but the administration side of it would be a nightmare (especially since you wouldn't be able to send from those addresses to Hotmail addresses...thank you, Microsoft).

On the main topic, I can set up new email forwards for these (ie forwarding to an existing address, eg GMail). Could everybody who's got one of these @thefb.co.uk addresses send me a PM with the address they currently have, and an email address they're happy for these emails to be forwarded to?
    <space for hire>
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27540
    Cheers Lee @digitalscream.

Just to be clear - I'll not be asking for mine to be set up again @thefretboard.co.uk!
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    On the subject of creating work for others my garden needs weeding.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    ennspek said:
    On the subject of creating work for others my garden needs weeding.
    Thought you said widdling for a moment...

as you were