Comments

• monkey42 said:
    https://i.imgur.com/DisPvah.jpg

Dougie...aka my best friend
    Man’s best friend right there.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColdfingersColdfingers Frets: 34
    edited February 2021
    My gang, taken early 2020.  The shepherd turned 12 this Jan and doesn't come out with these days. The springer to the front was a stray and of a right nervous disposition (but lives a life of luxury). The other 4 like nothing more than a day out on a shoot :-)

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22954
    edited February 2021
    My gang, taken early 2020.  The shepherd turned 12 this Jan and doesn't come out with these days. The springer to the front was a stray and of a right nervous disposition (but lives a life of luxury). The other 4 like nothing more than a day out on a shoot :-)

Wow, four Springers!  My brother has just the one and he's a total lunatic, almost impossible to walk, he just pulls at the lead the whole time.  When they went to puppy training classes the instructor said there are some dogs it's just impossible to train...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scottyproscottypro Frets: 23
    edited February 2021
    https://live.staticflickr.com/7918/32630539917_56b5bf0117_k.jpg
    Frankie the Pomsky, he likes to sit under my desk and just sit and watch
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

Wow, four Springers!  My brother has just the one and he's a total lunatic, almost impossible to walk, he just pulls at the lead the whole time.  When they went to puppy training classes the instructor said there are some dogs it's just impossible to train...
    My son’s friend’s parents ( phew...) have a Springer and that’s crazy on the lead. I don’t think they’d had a dog before so probably not the right place to start maybe. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    edited February 2021
    Ruby Talulah

https://i.imgur.com/7UXRTSE.jpg

Ruby Talulah and Harry the Bastard

https://i.imgur.com/NoMqqw4.jpg
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3627
    edited February 2021
    paulnb57 said:
    Ruby Talulah

Ruby is gorgeous. I love a tri colour Bully.

My late lamented Deana was a tri colour.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 309
    Juno:

IMG_3203

Daisy:

Daisy White Rocks

IMG_4919
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    edited February 2021
    This thread deserves moar spaniel. Here is Poppy. 
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    edited February 2021

Rosa a few months old and Rosa now!  A very cheeky Cairn Terrier.
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

I use a clicker to "mark" the behaviour I want as being correct, then deliver a treat. Me clicker training one of the springers to walk to heel at about 10/11 weeks of age.

It doesn't really matter what the "marker" is to indicate the correct behaviour - using a flash of light as a marker to train a fish:

Using a hoop thrown into the water:

And clicker training a young chick:

Not sure about some dogs being impossible to train... :-)

• There’s a programme on TV at the moment about a Highland Zoo? I keep seeing bits of it. Amazing the responses they get from animals like polar bears and armadillos to some basic training. 
    You still can’t walk a polar bear around the local park. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    11 years and still up ferrit.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    edited February 2021

This is Bob!

2reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22954
    Philly_Q said:

I use a clicker to "mark" the behaviour I want as being correct, then deliver a treat. Me clicker training one of the springers to walk to heel at about 10/11 weeks of age.

Impressive!  It's too late for my brother's dog, though. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Try it with a beagle. oh there's a new smell, whoosh.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474

Lovely clan :)

Philly_Q said:

that instructor sounds like they don’t know what they’re on about. Ours still pulls on the lead a bit when she gets overly excited or picks up a scent but now she’s five and after a lot of training, she’s mostly a pleasure to walk now.