NGD - lots of Patrick James Eggle content...

What's Hot

Comments

• SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    RevMatt said:
    Both guitars look stunning. Personally I think you’d regret parting with either, I’d suggest saving up or getting the Macon on decent finance.
    Thanks for your thoughts @SimpleSimon - as it happens the incoming Macon is already bought and paid for but I need to reimburse the family pot by the sale of something.

Plan a. is the sale of my MM Luke, so I hope to keep the 96 and the Oz to form the perfect trio with the Macon...
    Apologies hadn’t read the entire thread. Glad you’ve sorted one and equally pleased your keeping the other two. Can’t wait to see the ngd thread ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PudWudPudWud Frets: 156
    edited March 2021
    RevMatt said:
    And the Oz T:

Unless there’s more than one with a very similar burst/quilt top  I’m pretty sure I used to own this exact guitar! 
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 838
    PudWud said:
    RevMatt said:
    And the Oz T:
    Unless there’s more than one with a very similar burst/quilt top  I’m pretty sure I used to own this exact guitar! 
    Wow - it must have done the rounds... The guitar is only 2 years old and I've had it for 1 and I think guitarmansteve77 had it before me, so it must have changed hands a few times quite quickly since new.
    edited March 2021
    RevMatt said:
    PudWud said:
    RevMatt said:
    And the Oz T:
    Wow - it must have done the rounds... The guitar is only 2 years old and I've had it for 1 and I think guitarmansteve77 had it before me, so it must have changed hands a few times quite quickly since new.
    I traded it in at Sound Affects in June last year, so may not be the same guitar in that case. 
    Sounds like the very same - I got it from Sound Affects - I think it had a temporary home for a few months prior to me, as Sounds Affects sold it twice...
    RevMatt said:
    Sounds like the very same - I got it from Sound Affects - I think it had a temporary home for a few months prior to me, as Sounds Affects sold it twice...
    Yes it was me in that case! I only had it a couple of months as another guitar came up that I had wanted for a while. To be honest I wish I’d have kept this instead of trading it for the other guitar. 

Lockdown last year was a nightmare for me swapping and changing guitars. 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9348
    chris78 said:
    I've got a couple of 96 Droptops, a Macon DC, and a Macon Singlecut. Absolutely love them! Stunning guitars. Good luck with your search mate. 

20210104-144213
    20210104-144117
    That’s my old 96. Think you got it off me on eBay for a steal. Amazing looking guitar with a myrtlewood top
    Sure did Chris. Got it off you last March. Was my first Eggle. It snowballed from there hahaha. 
    Glad I could be of service! Great collection
    edited March 2021
    PREMATURE NGD:

Ok, I don't have it yet, but I can announce the I now have a Macon Junior on its way with massive thanks to Pat who really helped me out on this one... basically I contacted him to ask him if he knew of any second hand Macons around, and although he didn't he was able to make this happen for me.

It's a Macon Junior, finished in an awesome Nurburgring Green and aged (checked) Nitro - the guitar itself is not relicced, just aged finishing.

Can't wait for it to arrive, at which point I'll add more info, but for now here are a few pictures that Pat provided:

I still need to reimburse the family account with some of the cost of this, and hope to be able to do this from the sale of my MM Luke II...
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23031
    edited March 2021
    Wow.

Love the colour, love the finish, love the maple neck.

My only complaint about the Macon Junior models... I wish they had some comfort contours on the front and back of the body.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3343
    edited March 2021
    That is proper f@cking stunning. Well done. 
    If the company advertised these types of finishes over their more wood orientated ones more people would buy them I’m sure. 
    It looks ace. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMatt said:
    PREMATURE NGD:

Ok, I don't have it yet, but I can announce the I now have a Macon Junior on its way with massive thanks to Pat who really helped me out on this one... basically I contacted him to ask him if he knew of any second hand Macons around, and although he didn't he was able to make this happen for me.
    Wow...he just rummaged around in the parts bin? ;)
    edited March 2021
    Wow...he just rummaged around in the parts bin?
    I think basically it was a demo model, not sure if it had been in a shop or not - I spotted it last week when Pat shared it on Facebook for St Patrick's Day and that inspired me to contact him.

• RevMatt said:
    Wow...he just rummaged around in the parts bin?
    I think basically it was a demo model, not sure if it had been in a shop or not - I spotted it last week when Pat shared it on Facebook for St Patrick's Day and that inspired me to contact him.

Result!
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    RevMatt said:
    PREMATURE NGD:

It's a Macon Junior, finished in an awesome Nurburgring Green and aged (checked) Nitro - the guitar itself is not relicced, just aged finishing.

Can't wait for it to arrive, at which point I'll add more info, but for now here are a few pictures that Pat provided:

I still need to reimburse the family account with some of the cost of this, and hope to be able to do this from the sale of my MM Luke II...
    That combination of a humbucker in the bridge and staple in the neck is great. I have it on my Macon Special and it works superbly.

Do you know if the humbucker on yours is the higher output one Pat used or a lower output? Mine has a lower output Mojo at around 8k which I believe is intended to be more PAF in character.
    edited March 2021
    @Collings - according to the owner's card the bridge humbucker read 8.3 so I'm guessing it's the lower output.

Anyway, arrived safely today - here she is:

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1347
    Lovely @RevMatt ;

I wonder if there’s a world record listing for ‘person who has at some point owned every guitar made by a single maker’ :)

Enjoy
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Very nice indeed, although not my sort of colour

The PJE Ninety Six is to die for though! Love that.
    StefB said:
    Well if that had appeared a week ago I'd have had it, but as it happens, on this particular guitar I think I prefer the green - kind of cafe racer ish!