NGD - lots of Patrick James Eggle content...

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 835
edited July 2022 in Guitar
UPDATED 15/07/2022 with another NGD (but included in this thread to keep it all together) - jump to page 3 and scroll down to get there!

So folks, the bulk of this first post and the following 26 replies is how this thread started out in the classifieds, but to keep the story together, I'm updating it to an NGD and moving it to the Guitars sections - so, for the NGD bit, scroll down past the first 26 replies and look for something green....

The easy bit first... I'm looking for a Patrick James Eggle Macon!
I missed out last year on a Macon Special that Andertons had at £2000 and a Macon doublecut that Richtone had at £1800, either of which I'd have been very happy with and this is the kind of price range I'm aiming for.

So, anything out there?

Cash is a possibility, or, here's the dilemma: I have a Patrick James Eggle Ninety Six strat and a Patrick James Eggle Oz tele - one of which I may be prepared to offer in a  trade - but don't ask me to chose which  as they're both superb. Here's a little bit about them:

PJE Ninety Six - this one dates to 2018 and was made and used for PJE's display at NAMM. It's an ash bodied (in a  black open pore  finish), modern spec roasted maple necked, ebony boarded model, with Mojo HH pickups, reverse headstock - quite  distinctive and a real rocker.

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/2EuE8OS

Here's the Peach video of the guitar from the NAMM show in which PJE talks you through the spec - jump to 3m25s:

PJE OZ T - this is from 2018 and is an ash / quilted maple drop top, with vintage spec maple neck, again with Mojo HH pickups.

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/5VVNh53

Both guitars are mint condition and come with their certificates of authenticity and their gorgeous white/black tweed G&G cases.

I'll try and stick up a  couple of pictures later.

Please note, the above guitars are not for sale  in their own right, only if required to help source a Macon.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OnparOnpar Frets: 416
    You have fine taste! I wouldn't rule out the Macon Specials. Brilliant guitars.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    Not much help with your dilemma Matt, but that 96 is a beauty.

And I didn't know Patrick sounds like Nigel Tufnel when he speaks.  "These titanium saddles go to 11".
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnnyBGid82JohnnyBGid82 Frets: 40
    edited March 2021
    I've got a couple of 96 Droptops, a Macon DC, and a Macon Singlecut. Absolutely love them! Stunning guitars. Good luck with your search mate. 

20210104-144213
    20210104-144117
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @JohnnyBGid82 need an Oz there!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 340
    That’s a tough dilemma, all PJE are fabulous guitars

and that is an amazing collection @JohnnyBGid82 ;
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 835
    edited March 2021
    Here's the Ninety-six

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    And the Oz T:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22864
    Gosh, they are beautiful guitars.  Love those ash bodies and flame maple necks.
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    I've got 4 Macon,s an Ox and a 96 and I think the Macon is an outstanding guitar, particularly the SC version. 
    I've got a couple of 96 Droptops, a Macon DC, and a Macon Singlecut. Absolutely love them! Stunning guitars. Good luck with your search mate. 

Collings said:
    I've got 4 Macon,s an Ox and a 96 and I think the Macon is an outstanding guitar, particularly the SC version. 

You gents are just rubbing it in now ;-) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 226
    @RevMatt if you do decide to sell that 96 please feel free to drop me a PM
    edited March 2021
    Will do @drpbier ;;

I think I may have found my Macon (a Junior) - just need to sort out the money ;-) 

EDIT - I HAVE found my Macon :-) (with thanks to PJE himself).
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 226
    LOL, I've got a Macon Junior in the hopper at Eggle. Don't expect to see it before August.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I hand picked the top on that OZ but it took nearly 2 years to arrive so order was cancelled.
  • I thought I might as well drop these in if we're sharing our PJEs :)

IMG-5536

IMG-5544
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Very nice @imalrightjack ; - well hopefully in the next few days I can convert this thread into an NGD thread to show off my incoming Macon Jnr.

In the meantime it's been nice to see other people's PJEs, and have found some potential buyers in the event that I need to sell one of mine. 

So job done :) 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9313

20210104-144213
    20210104-144117
    That’s my old 96. Think you got it off me on eBay for a steal. Amazing looking guitar with a myrtlewood top
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78 said:

20210104-144213
    20210104-144117
    That’s my old 96. Think you got it off me on eBay for a steal. Amazing looking guitar with a myrtlewood top
    Sure did Chris. Got it off you last March. Was my first Eggle. It snowballed from there hahaha. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Both guitars look stunning. Personally I think you’d regret parting with either, I’d suggest saving up or getting the Macon on decent finance.

Both guitars look stunning. Personally I think you’d regret parting with either, I’d suggest saving up or getting the Macon on decent finance.
    Thanks for your thoughts @SimpleSimon - as it happens the incoming Macon is already bought and paid for but I need to reimburse the family pot by the sale of something.

Plan a. is the sale of my MM Luke, so I hope to keep the 96 and the Oz to form the perfect trio with the Macon...