Western Jam, Saturday 2nd October, 2021 -- Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• regarding Cold Hard Bitch, @stratman3142 knows the second guitar part but is currently down to play bass. We could similarly solve this one by Stratman moving to guitar (assuming he is happy to do so) if we can find a volunteer to play bass?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2198
    edited September 2021
    roberty said:
    I could do You Give Love a Bad Name too. I am not down for much. Anyone up for guitar on Under the Bridge? I got the bass line ready. It's very pretty

I think I could get through Under The Bridge if you really want to do it, but it might have to be my interpretation and perhaps a bit strummy compared to John Frusciante. I'll give it a go, provided I can have a veto on any recording if it doesn't go well

It's not a competition.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    @stratman3142 nice one

I feel like there would be better participation in the two that I am down to sing and play if someone else would like to do the singing or playing. These are you really got me and Richard iii at the moment. I'd like to give Richard iii a belt down the mic
  • roberty said:
    @stratman3142 nice one

You haven't heard me play Under The Bridge yet :)

Still I'm too old to care and I don't mind a laugh at my expense.

It's not a competition.
  • roberty said:
    I could do You Give Love a Bad Name too. I am not down for much. Anyone up for guitar on Under the Bridge? I got the bass line ready. It's very pretty

I think I could get through Under The Bridge if you really want to do it, but it might have to be my interpretation and perhaps a bit strummy compared to John Frusciante. I'll give it a go, provided I can have a veto on any recording if it doesn't go well

Nothing wrong with strummy.  Strummy good.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• roberty said:

I feel like there would be better participation in the two that I am down to sing and play if someone else would like to do the singing or playing. These are you really got me and Richard iii at the moment. I'd like to give Richard iii a belt down the mic
    I'm definitely up for guitar on You Really Got Me, especially if we do it a bit Van Halen. That's more in my comfort zone.

It's not a competition.
    @stratman3142 sounds good :)
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Sorry guys im usually on top of this but circumstances means time is not on my side , me and Nickos will def be there and jamming along ;-)...Im bringing couple of guitars' Kemper and DX12 and the TE Bass combo ok? 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    edited September 2021
    roberty said:

I'm definitely up for guitar on You Really Got Me, especially if we do it a bit Van Halen. That's more in my comfort zone.

I've just noticed @Brocco is down for rhythm guitar on You Really Got Me, so does that mean you wouldn't need to sing and play lead guitar at the same time? If so, I can stay out of that one.

Also, as far as I can tell, there's really only one guitar on Richard III and @Jonathangus is already down for lead, so does that mean you're covered for that one as well.

It's not a competition.
  • Also, as far as I can tell, there's really only one guitar on Richard III and @Jonathangus is already down for lead, so does that mean you're covered for that one as well.

Ah, but who's going to do the Theremin solo?   :)

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Also, as far as I can tell, there's really only one guitar on Richard III and @Jonathangus is already down for lead, so does that mean you're covered for that one as well.

Ah, but who's going to do the Theremin solo?   :)
    Oh yeah. Well if there's two guitars I can do rhythm and/or lead. Thinking more about participation than anything else
  • spark240 said:
    Sorry guys im usually on top of this but circumstances means time is not on my side , me and Nickos will def be there and jamming along ;-)...Im bringing couple of guitars' Kemper and DX12 and the TE Bass combo ok? 
    All good  :)
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Do we have a practical start time for Saturday? Last time I seem to recall we aimed to start playing about 11, making it a bit easier for those of us with some distance to travel. 
    edited September 2021
    mart said:
    Do we have a practical start time for Saturday? Last time I seem to recall we aimed to start playing about 11, making it a bit easier for those of us with some distance to travel. 

Well that would be easier. I was originally thinking I'd have to set out by about 7:30am to be sure I'd get there by about 9.00am.

It's not a competition.
  • I will double-check the timings with Factory and let the group know. As I am fairly local I will aim to arrive for whatever time (hopefully 9am) we have access - other early birds also welcome, especially if you would like to make some early noise  :)

Would a provisional start time of 10:30 work for everyone?
  • sorry to hear that, these things can be uncomfortable. hope you can make it.
  • Brocco said:
    I will double-check the timings with Factory and let the group know. As I am fairly local I will aim to arrive for whatever time (hopefully 9am) we have access - other early birds also welcome, especially if you would like to make some early noise  :)

Would a provisional start time of 10:30 work for everyone?

firstly, apologies for my erroneous post above (thought I had replied to a PM!).

More importantly, I have confirmed timings with Factory. The Live Room and Lounge Room are both booked between 9:30 and 5:30, so we can plan around starting at either 10:30 or at 11, whichever gets the most votes...
  • I'm only an hour away , so 10:30am works for me. Will probably be there earlier.
  • @onlyonebradders and I will be coming from 20 minutes up the road, so I'd envisage we'd be there at 9:30 to set up the kit.

I will aim for somewhere between 9 and 10
This discussion has been closed.