Give me a good song to learn

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    You mentioned Mr Crowley being a bit too fast - how about Crazy Train? Solo is less challenging and can easily be broken into sections to learn a step at a time. Also, Steve Vai's 'Die to Live' is nice. Just one guitar, some nice chords with a melody part interweaving. I have tabs for both if you want them. 

@vibetronic very interested in both! I used to play crazy train, so it would be good to refresh. Die to live sounds great!

Pm me your email and I’ll send you the tabs. I’ll think about other stuff in the meantime, I’ve got a ton of music. Tbh if you used to play Crazy Train then refreshing that, and the Vai track, are well within your abilities. His (RR) stuff sounds harder than it is; combination of double tracking, effects and production makes it sound very slick. I’m pretty sure he’s one of those guys who always wrote, rather than improvised, his solos though, which generally makes them easier to break down into segments for learning. Also, I’m fairly sure those pentatonics in Mr Crowley weren’t all picked. I did check when I first read your post (listened whilst reading tab) but will do so again...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4100
    I'm just a girl - No doubt
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Randy's hero, Schenker, Into the Arena.
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    edited May 2021
    Sultans of Swing - the notes themselves aren't a problem if you can play with your fingers, but the phrasing and dynamics are something else. 'Every note counts' kind of song
    Use Your Brian