Desperado......

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 259
    I To get things started here is the track for you to play with https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbyc5man9f4uax8/desperado.wav?dl=0
    Nice one, have to give this a go, thanks, Mike.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4223
    Really lovely job. I’ve been playing a lot like this recently - just taking things like Tom Waits or Randy Newman songs and playing the melodies with a few supporting notes is so satisfying. I love that solo electric guitar isn’t the oddity that it used to be (apart from jazz solo playing which is more commonplace). Might even be the best thing to come out of Instagram!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lewy said:
    Really lovely job. I’ve been playing a lot like this recently - just taking things like Tom Waits or Randy Newman songs and playing the melodies with a few supporting notes is so satisfying. I love that solo electric guitar isn’t the oddity that it used to be (apart from jazz solo playing which is more commonplace). Might even be the best thing to come out of Instagram!
    Yeah this kind of hybrid soloing and chords together is really growing on me recently. It opens up a world of opportunities!
    Lewy said:
    Yeah this kind of hybrid soloing and chords together is really growing on me recently. It opens up a world of opportunities!
    This is the gold standard for me...

https://youtu.be/D_IhJQOjc1s
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3129
    edited April 2021
    I To get things started here is the track for you to play with https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbyc5man9f4uax8/desperado.wav?dl=0
    Nice one, have to give this a go, thanks, Mike.
    Enjoy Doug
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    That’s lovely. Really great arrangement, and tasteful playing. Stick me on your tab circulation list!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    edited April 2021
    Would there be any appetite for a thread in Making Music for people to share their arrangements like this outside of the competition, given that a few people on this thread have been like “yeah I’m playing like that a lot these days”? Maybe play the arrangement and give a quick tour of what’s what in it?

A lot of the material out there is either solo jazz or Instagram neo-soul. Would be great to get a body of more classic tunes together in one place.
  • JerkMoans said:
    That’s lovely. Really great arrangement, and tasteful playing. Stick me on your tab circulation list!
    Sure! Thank you!
  • wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 259
    Like your style, if you have tabbed this out I would like a copy as well, thanks, Mike.
  • Like your style, if you have tabbed this out I would like a copy as well, thanks, Mike.
    Here is the version with TABS!

• JerkMoans said:
    Tabs in the post above!
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9721
    Like your style, if you have tabbed this out I would like a copy as well, thanks, Mike.

I'd like to give this one a go so thank you.

Funnily enough I did an acoustic and voice busked version of it the other week for my mom (you can tell I'm reading the words lol) who had requested "something old" and I knew she liked the eagles. I'm a bit ashamed to post it alongside your beautiful version but I'm thinking if I could learn from yours and sing along to it in a more polished way than this vid, it could be a pretty lovely one to have in the repertoire

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Like your style, if you have tabbed this out I would like a copy as well, thanks, Mike.

I'd like to give this one a go so thank you.

Funnily enough I did an acoustic and voice busked version of it the other week for my mom (you can tell I'm reading the words lol) who had requested "something old" and I knew she liked the eagles. I'm a bit ashamed to post it alongside your beautiful version but I'm thinking if I could learn from yours and sing along to it in a more polished way than this vid, it could be a pretty lovely one to have in the repertoire

Your version is great as well! Like the singing too! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!