Jason Isbell Signature Tele Anyone Seen One?

What's Hot

Comments

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2285
    It looks plain wrong with that nasty cheap bit of plastic for the truss adjustment on the headstock. Really surprised at that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Mex made guitars are really going up in price...!
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1292
    As per the article from January announcing the release it won’t be available until May.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    PC_Dave said:
    They are but they’re very good.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    I really like Jason Isbell, and he seems like such a lovely guy and really into his guitars. I’d be interested to give this tele a go as it sounds like he’s put a lot of thought into it.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    PC_Dave said:
    They are but they’re very good.
    I know, I own one. But blimey the prices....!
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    Love Jason Isbell but was a little surprised with the timing of this as he's been so vocal mainly about his 58 Les Paul as "The One" for the past couple of years.
    Thought Gibson would have been the one's to bring put a Sig model especially as they've copied his real 58 in the custom shop for him already.
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 844
    I don't think you'll ever see Jason Isbell playing one. It'll be like Jeff Tweedy's Martin signature model. The only time I've seen him playing that is in the video where he's flogging it.
  • I've got one on order. A great looking Tele in my opinion. Interestingly it's no longer listed on the Fender website artist page (but the new Chrissie Hynde Tele is). And no clear delivery date either from the shop I ordered from. All a bit mysterious....
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9308
    https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/telecaster/fender-jason-isbell-custom-telecaster-rosewood-3-color-chocolate-burst
    Looks like they’ll be around in June.
    I don’t need another tele and I don’t normally buy Mexican, but the specs look good and the guitar looks a beauty.
    Fender seem to be back to using rosewood on some models again
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4205
    edited May 2021
    AlexO said:
    Love Jason Isbell but was a little surprised with the timing of this as he's been so vocal mainly about his 58 Les Paul as "The One" for the past couple of years.
    Thought Gibson would have been the one's to bring put a Sig model especially as they've copied his real 58 in the custom shop for him already.
    He plays Fenders a lot in his Instagram vids. The Red Eye is clearly special but it's far from his only squeeze. I think it's in keeping with his general vibe that his sig guitar would be something accessible rather than a top dollar Custom Shop recreation of his Gibson.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Nice binding
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11684
    Looks nice enough, but I'm afraid I'd never pay £1200+ for a Mexican Tele when for the same price I could get an as-new  second-hand US one.  I have a battered but fab US Tele from 2000.  I paid £550 for it.
  • Fender have just released a demo video ...

• oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 844
    I don't mind signature guitars as long the signee actually plays the guitar. Remember the Jeff Tweedy Martin signature? Was ever seen playing that outside of Martin promotion material?
    Offset said:
    Looks nice enough, but I'm afraid I'd never pay £1200+ for a Mexican Tele when for the same price I could get an as-new  second-hand US one.  I have a battered but fab US Tele from 2000.  I paid £550 for it.
    It seems a bit of an outdated notion for the country it’s made in to trump specification and quality in the way you’re describing. A lot of standard production US made models in Fender’s history aren’t up to the spec or standard of some the guitars coming out of Mexico now. Heavy, thick finishes, crappy pickups, bodies made from 7 piece spreads....all found in US lines through the years. Frankly a lot of them SHOULD be cheaper than some of the stuff that's coming out of Mexico.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    It's a beauty for sure. I'm defo looking at upgrading my Tele, and this is one under serious consideration. Hard to look past the Vintera's for 'bang for your buck' though?
  • oh_pollo said:
    I don't mind signature guitars as long the signee actually plays the guitar. Remember the Jeff Tweedy Martin signature? Was ever seen playing that outside of Martin promotion material?
    Found this...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    oh_pollo said:
    Isbell also has a signature Martin and he plays it a lot, so I'd hope to see him out and about with this tele too at least some of the time.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    Before he got minted post-Nashville Sound he would play a Tele for at least half of any live show. 

The last record was very Strat-heavy, and obviously he also has Red Eye as well, but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t have one of these in regular rotation at least a little. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires