Custom order lost its shine...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4188
    CHrisP86 said:
    Not here to slag off the company in question as I like them and have had good dealings with them in the past. So keeping it anonymous.

Placed an order and was told 4 weeks or maybe less for the turnaround time. It’s now nearly at 7 weeks and I’m just getting to the point of not wanting it any more.

Was really excited when I placed the order and just frustrated that now it’ve lost that.

Not helped by not getting replies to emails and when I phoned early last week, I was told it was nearly finished but then nothing.  If they’d been more upfront about the delay, I’d probably be feeling more positive or might have had more opportunity to cancel the order.

No real point to this post, like I say, just a bit disappointed.

Am I being harsh thinking that the delay is too much?
    I can totally see where you’re at.  The delay false promises and communication all Consolidate to extinguish the initial joy and anticipation you had . Good luck with it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1636
    dindude said:
    Not personally on board with the “feel sorry for me” stance - business is hard, but working is hard too. A consumer has the right to good service and product that reflects the price point. Regardless. 
    Bang on Dan 

Quite agree. I spent most of my life in retail electronics. The measure of a company is how they deal with things when they go wrong or times are hard. I worked through the 3 day week and  a few bloody awful winters. I was just an employee but often worked outside my hours to get a customer working.

I am particularly PO'ed with big business atmo having spent half an hour trying to talk to a human being at Barclay card.

Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • There’s definitely way too many businesses using the pandemic and Brexit to get away with shite service over the past 12 months 
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1636
    There’s definitely way too many businesses using the pandemic and Brexit to get away with shite service over the past 12 months 

THANK YOU!!

Dave.
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Thanks all.

I had a quick chat with them this morning and should be getting my order this week.

They apologised and sent a further apology email a bit later, with (unprompted) an offer of some money off.

Thankfully no Covid excuses!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve been following SC relics for a little while, I came close to buying a body last year. I’m following on Instagram and obvs here. 
    When I have the funds it’s deffo happening, the attention to detail, artistry and the authenticity of how his customers are treated are drawing me in. 
    I know it’ll be a quality product and it’ll be worth waiting for. We’ve become addicted to just in time deliveries of almost anything, the Amazon effect? Some of these businesses are the polar opposite and that’s where my money will land. 
    If the product is good, the wait will be worth it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom