Cleartone Conversions in Full Rebrand.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I love him. I think the guitars themselves are not good, but he has some interesting ideas - a classical width electric with scalloped edges isn't necessarily all terrible, there could be a market for classical guitarists wanting an electric for example. 
    You almost just described the 2015 Les Paul Standard. When I played one, the neck felt just like my old Barnes & Mullins nylon I got for Xmas in 1981.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    I believe Alan Holdsworth had a custom made guitar with a very wide nut at some point, but later in life he went back to a sub 43mm nut like most other humans. I think it all comes down to technique, practice and there's no need for these things. Buckethead has some of the biggest hands I've seen in a human. His signature models nut width - 43.5mm. And he's played plenty of standard guitars in his life.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    Gassage said:

The scrotum tuner conversion.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    prowla said:
    Gassage said:

Oh my god. I can't unsee it now.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    He’s obviously successful at selling his stuff, although I can’t figure out who buys it. The one saving grace was his stuff was relatively cheap. £500 for a butchered Harley Benton though? Jeezus. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    boogieman said:
    He’s obviously successful at selling his stuff, although I can’t figure out who buys it. The one saving grace was his stuff was relatively cheap. £500 for a butchered Harley Benton though? Jeezus. 
    I would tell you who buys them but my fingers are too fat to use a keyboard.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9554
    prowla said:
    Gassage said:

Oh my god. I can't unsee it now.
    Did his grand kids shape that ???
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I think he's harmless enough an English eccentric. Not sure why anyone would pay over the odds for his work on a harley benton.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 717
    DrJazzTap said:
    I think he's harmless enough an English eccentric. Not sure why anyone would pay over the odds for his work on a harley benton.
    Is it still innovation if it’s not 100% successful?

A part of me wants to embrace people trying things, I do love seeing “mad bloke in a shed” types, it’s endearing. 

Agree with previous comments, I don’t think anyone is getting duped. 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    DrJazzTap said:
    Is it still innovation if it’s not 100% successful?

A part of me wants to embrace people trying things, I do love seeing “mad bloke in a shed” types, it’s endearing. 

Agree with previous comments, I don’t think anyone is getting duped. 

Ah well, he must think he is doing something "right".....im not sure what that is, but he must think he is onto a good thing.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.