Telecaster recommendations

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16101
    had every tele under the sun;
     Fender Brad Paisley ,Brad Paisley,Brad Paisley.................just king of teles and an outright bargain
    otherwise Baja ......50s version all day long but be picky about weight........most are heavy and a bit clumpy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2396
    Lots of love for the Baja, and I had similar recommendations when I was first looking for a Tele, and I didn't get on with the V-neck, so just bear that in mind - loved the girth (stop sniggering), but not the shape.
    Tim
  • TBones55TBones55 Frets: 13
    Thanks for all the helpful advice
  • TBones55TBones55 Frets: 13
    I’m fortunate Enough to own a few guitars with different neck profiles but after almost 40 years I still cannot tell you which I prefer

I spent much of yesterday trying a few teles and in the end went for a 94/95 MIJ with a maple board.
    All original except for the bridge pick up which I’m told comes from a USA model from the same era

A few bumps and bruises but it sounds and plays beautifully
    I’ll post a few pics when I get chance
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2326
    Get a Levinson blade.   For the money they beat any fender I've ever owned/played.

I currently have a Fender Jerry donahue tele(jap),  a delxue 72 (mex) and a levinson blade delta t2. 

I've owned a fair few teles in the past including Baja's, Jap Tokai's and other makes and the blade is by far the best made/playing/finished guitar out of all them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom