What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    edited July 2014

Neil said:
    Gassage said:
    @bogwhoppit

Hmmmmmm- what are you selling ? (just so's I can text you!)

Anyway, whilst he was pulling out of the deal I was creaming a little 86 off 71 balls at Lord's v England Deaf Cricket, occasioning the MCC Skipper to ask me 'Were they fucking blind as well as deaf?!"

So whilst pissed off, that softened the blow....my body is now officially as wrecked as Rory's strat.
    Are you an egg and baconer?  :)

Yup. Although playing member and that's all i'm interested in. I"m on the Cricket Strategy Governance Committee.

You?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Gumtree is a bizarre place to trade.

If I get another 'what is you lowest price' texts, I swear I'll never pick up another hitchhiker again...

Sorry for the texts, but you did offer, and thanks for the lift.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • srtsrt Frets: 6
    TheMarlin said:
    was it the Chinese or Korean model Eston Eliott?

I've seen minty Chinese ones go for as little as £280 on eBay.  

Marlin
      I was just wondering if you could help me out here. I thought all along that the gretsch G1570 synchromatics were all Korean and ALL the G5570 synchromatic were all made in China no? many thanks
  • srt said:
    TheMarlin said:
    was it the Chinese or Korean model Eston Eliott?

I've seen minty Chinese ones go for as little as £280 on eBay.  

Marlin
      I was just wondering if you could help me out here. I thought all along that the gretsch G1570 synchromatics were all Korean and ALL the G5570 synchromatic were all made in China no? many thanks
    Bleeding hell, have you not sold it yet?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nigerian
    Stop that right now, please.

It is wrong to hold judgemental, stereotyped opinions of strangers based on their nationality. One should first meet these strangers and see them as they really are.

Unfortunately, having met a number of Nigerians from wealthy family backgrounds, I have to admit that the arrogant/obnoxious stereotype is almost invariably accurate.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    octatonic said:
    Email him this thread- we can all vouch for you.
    Well, some of us.
    Yah, but how do we know the OP in this thread is legit...anyone could be typing, he could be an imposter. I'm going to google him to make sure, then I'm going to hire a private dick to investigate him, and then just to be sure I'm calling Interpol, the SAS, FBI, CID & New Scotland Yard...!  :) :3 =)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    I've lost count of the number of texts replying to my Gumtree ads with, "Is your (insert item) still for sale?" Then, after I reply, I never hear from them again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Gassage said:
    @bogwhoppit

Hmmmmmm- what are you selling ? (just so's I can text you!)

Anyway, whilst he was pulling out of the deal I was creaming a little 86 off 71 balls at Lord's v England Deaf Cricket, occasioning the MCC Skipper to ask me 'Were they fucking blind as well as deaf?!"

So whilst pissed off, that softened the blow....my body is now officially as wrecked as Rory's strat.
    Is that a similar sexual practice to 69?
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    I was reading through this when I came tae Lixartae's name and I shat myself 
    tae be or not tae be
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    I got my Two Rock from Gumtree. Was a fabulous item at an even more fabulous price, and the guy was an absolute legend to deal with. Even hired a rehearsal space for an hour for me to crank it… and brought a CS Strat, a vintage TS808 and a Klon along for me to hear (I didn't know or even ask for any of this, he sorted it on the same day I called and collected it!).
    Was the guy a doctor from Bristol?
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    A 2014 thread resurrected! 
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Chalky said:
    A 2014 thread resurrected! 
    A considered response can take quite some time to fulminate in the intervening years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom