SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Tele Body and Neck

What's Hot
UHASUHAS Frets: 137
edited May 2021 in Parts £
I have for sale a tele body and neck, neither used . they were bought for a project that never happened. The neck has rosewood board and a little bit of flame to the maple it doesn't have a nut . The body is gloss double bound and never used though when we moved something got dropped on the edge so it has a ding as per the photo and a couple of other small marks . It weighs about 7lbs. Neck £30 and body £30 or £55 for the two posted.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2364
    I'll take both please
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    Bargain right here
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That is a steal, I expect this would have sold just as quickly at double the price
  • UHASUHAS Frets: 137
    edited May 2021
    Could have asked more but happy they’re out of the way and gone to a good home where someone will pay forward the favour, it’s all good karma
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    monoamine said:
    Bargain right here
    the buyer here. A pal hasn’t got any work at the moment I know he wants a Tele and I know he likes black with white binding because he’s admired and played mine. I’m going to build him this Tele as a gift to cheer him up. It’ll be perfect for him and I enjoy building. Perfect all round. 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Let me know @UHAS If you’d like me to post the finished item. Happy to complete the virtuous circle. 
    That’d be great , would love to see it. 
    UHAS said:
    That’d be great , would love to see it. 
    Cool will do. 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3007
    rze99 said:
    monoamine said:
    Bargain right here
    the buyer here. A pal hasn’t got any work at the moment I know he wants a Tele and I know he likes black with white binding because he’s admired and played mine. I’m going to build him this Tele as a gift to cheer him up. It’ll be perfect for him and I enjoy building. Perfect all round. 
    Do you need any bits for it ? Happy to root around the parts bin and see if I’ve got anything 
    DrBob said:
    rze99 said:
    monoamine said:
    Bargain right here
    Do you need any bits for it ? Happy to root around the parts bin and see if I’ve got anything 
    Cheers - thank you for the kind offer, that's lovely of you.

I've just done a review of all the parts I have and I have most, the only items I don't have already are:

tuners
    string retainer (60s style for this I think)
    body ferrules
    switchcraft-type screw in type jack cup (the regular ones are just too crap)
    nut
    strap pins

I have a few pickups in the drawer but I think he'd benefit from something hotter and quieter than the vintage type ones I prefer as he likes rock tones and doesn't have a noise gate and I know he'd want to use it for recording so just looking at those on-line too.

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2700
    edited May 2021
    rze99 said:
    DrBob said:
    rze99 said:
    monoamine said:
    Bargain right here

I've just done a review of all the parts I have and I have most, the only items I don't have already are:

tuners
    body ferrules
    nut
    strap pins

I have a few pickups in the drawer but I think he'd benefit from something hotter and quieter than the vintage type ones I prefer as he likes rock tones and doesn't have a noise gate and I know he'd want to use it for recording so just looking at those on-line too.

@rze99 ive got a nice 50s string retainer and some strap pins and screws. Drop me a pm with your address if you’d like them and I’ll pop them in the post for you. 
    rze99 said:
    DrBob said:
    rze99 said:
    monoamine said:
    Bargain right here

tuners
    body ferrules
    nut
    strap pins

@rze99 ive got a nice 50s string retainer and some strap pins and screws. Drop me a pm with your address if you’d like them and I’ll pop them in the post for you. 
    super kind thanks @danishbacon will do
    I think I might have some tuners I’ll have a look 
    DrBob said:
    Most kind thank you
    rze99 said:
    DrBob said:
    Most kind thank you
    Aged/relic’ed set of Klusons any good ?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DrBob said:
    rze99 said:
    DrBob said:
    Most kind thank you
    Aged/relic’ed set of Klusons any good ?
    Yes indeed - perfect - thank you

The buyer here. All done. Thank you everybody that contributed especially @UHAS of course.

I've never built anything this cheaply and it ain't perfect. But it ain't that bad either. And it looks pretty smart I reckon. Costs:

£55 Body and neck per ad above. A ding and some scratches. Nothing front visible.

£32 new tuners and bits and pieces from www.axecaster.co.uk that I didn't already have in my (used) parts bin or were gifted to me

£80 a used set of DiMarzio Area Ts

167 quid all in

It's all all good plays very well and intonates close to perfectly.

Except... it's really properly heavy - like a CBS '70s Tele... 9 pound area I think. I'm so used to 7-8 pounds Also has a slightly high fret that needs bit of love and attention.

The recipient of this is a bass player mainly and he's pretty fit so he so he can deal with it... or give it back to me! Mostly he'll be playing it at home sitting down and the weight disappears.

He gets to see it at the weekend. Hope he likes it! If he doesn't I'll offer it up for sale here and donate the money to charity of the buyer's choosing.

What do you think?

IMG_7973JPG
    IMG_7974JPG

IMG_7975JPG
    IMG_7976JPG
    IMG_7981JPG
    IMG_7984JPG
    IMG_7982JPG
    IMG_7977JPG

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That looks great, I hope he loves it. 
  • chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356
    Great job @rze99 ; :)
  • That's great! Well done to all involved.