SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Tele Body and Neck

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4175
    rze99 said:

The buyer here. All done. Thank you everybody that contributed especially @UHAS of course.

I've never built anything this cheaply and it ain't perfect. But it ain't that bad either. And it looks pretty smart I reckon. Costs:

£55 Body and neck per ad above. A ding and some scratches. Nothing front visible.

£32 new tuners and bits and pieces from www.axecaster.co.uk that I didn't already have in my (used) parts bin or were gifted to me

£80 a used set of DiMarzio Area Ts

167 quid all in

It's all all good plays very well and intonates close to perfectly.

Except... it's really properly heavy - like a CBS '70s Tele... 9 pound area I think. I'm so used to 7-8 pounds Also has a slightly high fret that needs bit of love and attention.

The recipient of this is a bass player mainly and he's pretty fit so he so he can deal with it... or give it back to me! Mostly he'll be playing it at home sitting down and the weight disappears.

He gets to see it at the weekend. Hope he likes it! If he doesn't I'll offer it up for sale here and donate the money to charity of the buyer's choosing.

What do you think?

IMG_7973JPG

DIBS!!!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2364

OP here. 

He’s a very happy chappie. Took him a while to take it in.  He just said “oh mate…
    oh mate” a few times and them played
    it for a while. 
    Here’s the hand over. 
    EDB3D5CC-72FD-4EAE-8F9E-472AD274F2B5jpeg
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EssbieEssbie Frets: 10
    That's brilliant. I love this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EssbieEssbie Frets: 10
    Nice one to all involved.
    The joy of giving when you can. 
  • UHASUHAS Frets: 137
    Love a story with a happy ending :) 
    UHAS said:
    Love a story with a happy ending :) 
    Virtuous circle. 

What’s nice too is he’s just had a load of work come in  now that lock down has eased and he’s very pleased indeed  about that too. Plus it’s his birthday v soon so he’s all smiles. We had some beers in the garden after a play and the handover. 

• 4on64on6 Frets: 87
    edited June 2021
    I still consider myself a relative newby to TFB. I haven’t really connected big time with major characters or spent loads of time... I’ve bought and sold a bit.. had some great discussions and received good advice... I love that TFB seems to have a big heart sometimes.  Well done everyone involved. 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1393
    Bravo to all. A nice thread read from start to finish!