New flavour Baja

What's Hot

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I think I might have to go shopping tomorrow to compare new v old baja v expensive American of some description
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    capo4th said:
    I think I might have to go shopping tomorrow to compare new v old baja v expensive American of some description
    Please do - I'd do it, but they're not in stock nowhere near. Would like to read some reviews.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited August 2014

edited August 2014
    Ah good negotiating power
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    To get an idea of that 58 bridge pup forward to 3:23 here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tTVvEi8dXc
  • DefaultM said:
    What makes this a Baja if half of the specs are different? Alder instead of ash, a thinner neck, different pickups. The only thing that's the same is the switching.
    The thin-skin finish, the higher-spec pickups, the switching, the bigger frets/flatter radius... all Classic Player tweaks taken from the Custom Shop's most popular offerings. Those new AV pickups are absolutely superb too. :)
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Their must be something wrong with me, All these types of Teles...Strats SG's Les Pauls, how many times can they rehash the same guitar, I am desperate to see somehting new and fresh....maybe thats why I like Custom mades etc......sorry just had to say
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Cuz there's nothing better than good Tele or LP or strat my friend. There's plenty of new types of guitar coming out anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2014
    But their all the bloomin same!! :) I agree there are good ones , but they are rehashed so many times...
  • leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    mrchi said:
    But their all the bloomin same!! :) I agree their are good ones , but their rehashed so many times...
    bullshit!

nothing wrong with them there axes!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22931
    DefaultM said:
    What makes this a Baja if half of the specs are different? Alder instead of ash, a thinner neck, different pickups. The only thing that's the same is the switching.
    I agree, but then I was thinking what made the original Baja a Baja?  It's basically just a MIM '50s reissue, but with a 9.5" radius and different electronics.  So I guess it's all those non-vintage features which make it a Baja.
    So you are telling me they are all so different???? not a chance, apart from small variances, they are all the bloody same, The Korean manufacturers are the ones these days pushing the boat out in terms of design, Fender not a chance, boring and samey....again I am not saying their crap I am saying they Boring....My opinion...don't like it??? I couldn't really care :)  I'll stick with my ES120, Fenandes Ravelle, Guild F20 and Vintage Giltrap 12 string, none of which are shall we say common :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    mrchi said:
    So you are telling me they are all so different???? not a chance, apart from small variances, they are all the bloody same, The Korean manufacturers are the ones these days pushing the boat out in terms of design, Fender not a chance, boring and samey....again I am not saying their crap I am saying they Boring....My opinion...don't like it??? I couldn't really care :)  I'll stick with my ES120, Fenandes Ravelle, Guild F20 and Vintage Giltrap 12 string, none of which are shall we say common :)
    Actually i have been waiting for fender to do something like this on a reasonably priced tele which is sonic blue with a rosewood board with 9.5 radius and medium jumbo frets so ill be buying one!
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    If you think all Teles are the same, you need to go and play some. The only thing the same is the outline. The Classic Player series feel and sound noticeably different to the Classic Series. They might look the same, but they are just not.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    mrchi said:
    I'll stick with my ES120, Fenandes Ravelle, Guild F20 and Vintage Giltrap 12 string, none of which are shall we say common :)
    Thought you were trying to sell the Ravelle?
    ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bigfuzzbigfuzz Frets: 45
    How much do we think they will appear for on the used market? Ive been looking for a more 'grown up' tele to some partscaster I have. 

£400?
    Played one this morning along with the slightly chunkier previous baja. I have been after a Tele for a while and love those old car colours. I think I preferred the chunkier neck of the previous version, it was really nice and you noticed the extra wood after the 7th fret. What I didn't like about the sonic blue one was the finish / lacquer on the neck it felt a bit sticky. 3 ply mint guard finishes it off nicely and quality for Mexican was very good. I have not been in a guitar shop for a good 8 months. It is staggering what a guitar you can buy for £600-800 nowadays. Also had a play with a few custom shop teles + strats and a really nice Jazzmaster. I left the Baja and will save some more money. The feel, appearance, tone and resonance of those £2k+ Fenders is something else. Just gives you that extra 10 -15% and a bigger smile on your face when playing.
    @horse decided against it now, being different means it's unpopular so everyone who was interested on evil Bay were offering silly money so it's now gonna continue as part of the collection :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @chrisj1602 Played and owned many teles, still think their all the same, apart from negliable differences with the exception of my old Jap thin line, Had a Sunburst 77, 90s usa, to name 3.....
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9637
    DefaultM said:
    The thin-skin finish, the higher-spec pickups, the switching, the bigger frets/flatter radius... all Classic Player tweaks taken from the Custom Shop's most popular offerings. Those new AV pickups are absolutely superb too. :)
    Someone on here (sorry can't remember who!) stripped a Baja body with a hairdryer and pallet knife and the plastic he took off was something like 200g. Do the new ones have a thin finish?