Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• Half hour set for a charity gig. We're sharing back line so no need to bring my gear. Just arrived to find behringer bass amp that's farting out at bedroom volumes. Pa is a wharfedale.
    Only the first band gets a sound check and they've lost their drummer. It's running late before its even started.

Happy joy.
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Half hour set for a charity gig. We're sharing back line so no need to bring my gear. Just arrived to find behringer bass amp that's farting out at bedroom volumes. Pa is a wharfedale.
    Only the first band gets a sound check and they've lost their drummer. It's running late before its even started.

Happy joy.

I always take my own gear, even if I am not expected to, be ready.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 526
    We have had the people listening from other rooms thing in some places round Sussex 'n Surrey. It's a long time since I played a gig in Stockport does Boars Head in the Market still have bands on? I heard the Bakers Vaults closed, I spent some happy hours in there.

Don't touch that dial.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Fez said:
    We have had the people listening from other rooms thing in some places round Sussex 'n Surrey. It's a long time since I played a gig in Stockport does Boars Head in the Market still have bands on? I heard the Bakers Vaults closed, I spent some happy hours in there.

Don't think the Board Head has live music any more. The Bakers always had a brilliant crowd and we did some of out best gigs there. It was really the only place in Stockport where you didn't need to bring your own PA. It will be sadly missed.

Last night was surprising. It was a great crowd and very appreciative. There was a hen party in which livened things up even more. We got a bonus cat fight in the car park when we were loading out which rounded the night off nicely.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    This Sunday afternoon with the Jon Kingsman Band Acoustic, 4pm-6pm at the Three Horseshoes in Houghton, Cambs. Me on vox & acoustic guitar, plus a bassist and percussionist. No idea what the audience will be like so I've gone for a bit of everything setlist from classic 60s pop through 80s cheese to a soupcon of jazz and the odd current-ish hit.
  • Got a wedding up in Bath, but keyboard player has just said he's on holiday and didn't know about it! Despite email replies to the contrary received from him. F#### annoyed. Need a boogie woogie pianist by Saturday!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Happy joy.

I always take my own gear, even if I am not expected to, be ready.
    I had a preamp/DI with me in case. 
    In the end it turned out to be the built in compressor that was doing "odd things". Turned that off and the gain down and a bit of judicious EQ'ing and I got a passable sound out of it. 

It turmed into a cracking gig and was a lot of fun. 
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    Crimson On Silver, playing The Choughs in Chard tonight.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• FezFez Frets: 526
    Kone had similar things with my guys despite repeated exhortations to email me with any unavailability. So no singer this weekend, so we are going out as The Warrior Clowns instead of Borrowed Time with Rubberneck at the Windmill in Gossops Green Crawley on Saturday night.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    Not tonight but Saturday's a double-header for Solar9 with a 40 minute set for a charity do at The White Horse in Maldon followed by a proper paying gig at The New Welcome Sailor just down the road in Burnham with a sort pause for chinese food in between...

Yay! I haz band again :-)

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • Well we have a Keys for tonight courtesy of Malting Audios mate, sending him some tracks to learn now!
  • Good gig last night, in an old school dining hall similar to a church with stained glass windows etc, hard sound, but we kept volume low enough and did not use any reverbs or delays just the ambience of building. 
    Dep turned up, nice guy and played pretty well everything he needed plus backing vocals. 
    Another name for my list of depping contacts. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    My band, The Jellyheads, are playing The Paddox in Hillmorton, Rugby tonight. Loud classic punk, new wave and ska, plus bunny girls and a cracking night for all...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Back at the Stoke sub Hamden Boxing Club, sorry my mistake, working Men's club. But you get the picture!
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    The Bull Colchester with Solar 9 on the late shift tonight following the rather wonderful Wooden Maiden (who are exactly what you think they are if the name makes you think of an acoustic trio covering Bruce and his gang along with sundry othe things metallic and rocking...).
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4141

Friday night my band are at the Abbey hill steam rally near Yeovil.

Saturday I will be there with Abbey 104 radio station, and Sunday, then Sunday afternoon I will be playing for the Dorset Knob throwers at Cattistock down near Dorchester. 

:-$
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited May 2014

Great gig in store tonight....

The Punchbowl in Warwick.

It's the 1st birthday party of the new owners of the place (cracking old pub, legendary secret tunnels underneath the pub, and a camra award).

Playback, beer, a hog roast...and cake!

• tbmtbm Frets: 579
    Sunday afternoon I will be playing for the Dorset Knob throwers at Cattistock down near Dorchester.  :-$
    How does one play with Knob throwers. Sounds like the most fun gig ever!

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4141
    Yes when I was asked have I thrown a knob before, I said well Ive waved it about a bit ! http://www.dorsetknobthrowing.com
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867

Great gig in store tonight....

The Punchbowl in Warwick.

It's the 1st birthday party of the new owners of the place (cracking old pub, legendary secret tunnels underneath the pub, and a camra award).

Playback, beer, a hog roast...and cake!

Hogroasts at gigs are fckng GREAT. Only in the summer though.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."