Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Trent Guitars - From the Workshop

What's Hot

Comments

• the orange! It's even better than I expected
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TrentGuitarsTrentGuitars Frets: 1731
    tFB Trader
    the orange! It's even better than I expected
    It might be a new favourite..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3215
    I’m still waiting to see more of the green…hint hint. ;)
    tFB Trader
    I’m still waiting to see more of the green…hint hint. ;)
    Tomorrow!
  • Ooft that Orange is nice. 
    tFB Trader
    Green!

Quite a nice colour lineup for this batch!

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bengabenga Frets: 19
    I've been thinking how good a green 'Debut' would look with a black scratch plate, kind of like the Fender Thurston Moore jazzmaster colour way. And then you share picture of a green model =) 

A green Debut with a black anodised scratch plate... yum  :3 (I know you aren't doing customised Debut models Elliot, don't worry ;) )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    benga said:
    I've been thinking how good a green 'Debut' would look with a black scratch plate, kind of like the Fender Thurston Moore jazzmaster colour way. And then you share picture of a green model =) 

A green Debut with a black anodised scratch plate... yum  :3 (I know you aren't doing customised Debut models Elliot, don't worry ;) )
    @benga I can certainly do a green debut with a black scratchplate for you!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27525

No, no, no, NO, NO

That’s really upset my OCD now - the hooks aren’t all facing the same way!  Where’s the attention to detail?

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Love it, will definitely be green for me when I can get the funds together. Mind you, I’ll have to go for the full fat version, I want the gloss finish and a strat trem (or les trem)…and possibly even three p90s. =)
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:

No, no, no, NO, NO

That’s really upset my OCD now - the hooks aren’t all facing the same way!  Where’s the attention to detail?

Uneven heights, too!

Love it, will definitely be green for me when I can get the funds together. Mind you, I’ll have to go for the full fat version, I want the gloss finish and a strat trem (or les trem)…and possibly even three p90s. =)
     I have 3 90 in the next batch..not green though!
    TTony said:

No, no, no, NO, NO

Uneven heights, too!

Awesome! How are you wiring it, five way switch with middle pickup rwrp? I had that in a NR firebird that I had to sell when we unfortunately needed the funds -was a wonderful sound and very versatile. 
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:

No, no, no, NO, NO

Uneven heights, too!

Awesome! How are you wiring it, five way switch with middle pickup rwrp? I had that in a NR firebird that I had to sell when we unfortunately needed the funds -was a wonderful sound and very versatile. 
    5 way super switch to get the St Vincent setup ie. pos 1 Bridge, pos 2 Middle, pos 3 neck, pos 4 all of them, pos 5 neck and bridge
    TTony said:

No, no, no, NO, NO

Uneven heights, too!

5 way super switch to get the St Vincent setup ie. pos 1 Bridge, pos 2 Middle, pos 3 neck, pos 4 all of them, pos 5 neck and bridge
    Whoever is buying that needs to do us all a demo, would love to hear the tonal possibilities. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:

No, no, no, NO, NO

Uneven heights, too!

Whoever is buying that needs to do us all a demo, would love to hear the tonal possibilities. 
    It's me  =)

Yeah I'll be posting plenty of pics and clips when I get it! I can't wait!
    I’ll look forward to the ngd and review @TwoSpellWizard; you’ll have a cracking guitar, these look amazing.
  • reubenmakesmusicreubenmakesmusic Frets: 46
    edited August 2021
    TTony said:

No, no, no, NO, NO

D
    Uneven heights, too!

Love it, will definitely be green for me when I can get the funds together. Mind you, I’ll have to go for the full fat version, I want the gloss finish and a strat trem (or les trem)…and possibly even three p90s.
    I'll gladly do a demo (mine is 2 p90 though)
    TTony said:

No, no, no, NO, NO

D
    Uneven heights, too!

Love it, will definitely be green for me when I can get the funds together. Mind you, I’ll have to go for the full fat version, I want the gloss finish and a strat trem (or les trem)…and possibly even three p90s.
    I'll gladly do a demo (mine is 2 p90 though)
    Please do, the more the better! :)
  • bengabenga Frets: 19
    benga said:

@benga I can certainly do a green debut with a black scratchplate for you!
    It’s on the wish list  =)

I have a jazzmaster itch I need to scratch first though. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3869
    edited August 2021
    @TrentGuitars I love the look, craftsmanship and ethos behind your guitars. As someone who works in copywriting/branding etc., I wonder whether you could play on the environmentally-friendly /sustainable angle more? It's certainly something the chaps on here (including me) love.

Given that your finishes are water-based and you're near the coast, maybe your models/colours could be things like 'tide', 'wave', 'marine', 'float', 'Solent', 'shore' etc. I know another company has done surf green, shell pink etc., but you know what I mean.

The water-based finish is a real USP and it would be good to play on it IMO. Just some thoughts from a fellow-fretboarder who would love to see you do well.

Heck, even the Trent is a river!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom