Callaham only option / Improving trem action threads on Strat talk, love a good trem discussion!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10698
    edited October 2014
    Slightly off-topic but if anyone has an old floyd or gotoh, and is annoyed at the trem arm wobbling, rocking and knocking, I thought of a nice little solution. It came about because the plastic bush they fit as standard degraded and came apart (see pic), so I dispensed with that and the little grubscrew, and instead cut a 3mm thick piece of neoprene and drilled a 4mm hole in it (the trem arm is 5mm dia), and shoved it in the slot. There is now zero wobble, and the arm stays in whatever position you set it to. So now I can put it to the back position and do Steve Vai ping warble flutters to my heart's content. It's had a massive impact on the guitar's sustain too, much in the same way as removing the trem arm altogether did before. I've had it installed for a couple of years now and play the guitar every day. I recently looked at it and it was starting to get worn so I knocked up another one (actually I made 5 or 6 while I was at it) and replaced it, but it really wasn't necessary.

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab217/Vizzage/Gear/image-6_zpsb0f45497.jpg
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Noted, nice tip :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Tell u what Ttony, I bet u spend more time locking threads to do with wez v and Andy p then anyone else. Ban both of them trouble causing techys.
    Or make them fight to the death using various luthier tools as weapons. ;)
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16681
    blueskunk;407362" said:
    Tell u what Ttony, I bet u spend more time locking threads to do with wez v and Andy p then anyone else.

Ban both of them trouble causing techys.
    i refer you to rule one - again

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Haha , we keep meeting like this Mr V :)

Sorry, again ;)