How's everyone getting on with their Marshall Origins?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• cm01cm01 Frets: 452
    I like the sound of these on paper - one of my favourite gigging sounds was an old 50w JMP head on the low input for a really fat clean sound with pedals in the front for drive and modulation … there are a few 20w heads floating around at a decent price (here in Aus) at the moment - are they loud enough to gig with? I’m guessing that because they need to be wound up a bit to get the best out of them, then they might be ok?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    cm01 said:
    I like the sound of these on paper - one of my favourite gigging sounds was an old 50w JMP head on the low input for a really fat clean sound with pedals in the front for drive and modulation … there are a few 20w heads floating around at a decent price (here in Aus) at the moment - are they loud enough to gig with? I’m guessing that because they need to be wound up a bit to get the best out of them, then they might be ok?
    I still haven’t bought one (yet!) but I think in terms of gig volumes with the 20 it probably just boils down to how much clean headroom you want/need. If you’re running it with a bit of gain there’s tonnes of people who gig these without any issues. 
    How very rock and roll
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Mrs B went to her Sewing Bee, dogs walked and snoozing, home alone, cranked my OR 20 flat out, my God it bloody marvellous! Not a chance of anything clean, but the driven sound was just epic…I thought it sounded best at half gain….. probably never happen again…..
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll