What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    edited September 2015
    Step Up, it was ok/10
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Watched Fantastic Mr Fox earlier with Miss Monkeybone and her son, the Wes Anderson directed one. Bleddy awesome. Possibly a bit too odd for the wee lad, but very quirky and typically Wes Anderson.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Enemy, Gyllenhaal.

I thought it were very good, and very well shot.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401

Self/less

Had potential but ultimately naff

I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
  • Had a lazy afternoon so went to watch MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E - sub bond but reasonably enjoyable
  • "Southpaw" (2015)

Story about light heavyweight boxer champion who is trying to find his way back to the top after misfortune event.
    Story like many other sport movies, but well shot and played.
    Not a huge fan of Jake Gylenhall, but his recent movies : Prisoners, Nightcrawler and this one - all v good performances from him.
    I like a good sport drama, therefore 7.5/10
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    This is gonna be a bit of a speciality watch but I've just seen:  Glass:  A portrait of Philip in 12 Parts

A must for anyone who likes the music of Philip Glass.

There are some wonderful moments in there where you see the brief epiphany of creation... which has to be followed up by effort (as Glass says), "get up early; work all day."

So interesting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10410

Rocky 8 ..... or err Southpaw as it's called now.
    Very predictable 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • About 40 minutes of Bare Behind Bars. Thank you Horror Channel.
    A lot of nudity and quite explicit for tv it is also absolutely terrible. I watched with the idea that something that bad must be good. It's not. At the bit where the ( naked, obviously) young woman in solitary confinement was sitting in her own filth playing with rats I had had enough. Apparently there are violent scenes later on which are basically unwatchable including the castration of a young boy.
    Anyway, if you don't know what a naked woman looks like it might be worth a watch.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22856
    edited September 2015
    About 40 minutes of Bare Behind Bars. Thank you Horror Channel.
    A lot of nudity and quite explicit for tv it is also absolutely terrible. I watched with the idea that something that bad must be good. It's not. At the bit where the ( naked, obviously) young woman in solitary confinement was sitting in her own filth playing with rats I had had enough. Apparently there are violent scenes later on which are basically unwatchable including the castration of a young boy.
    Anyway, if you don't know what a naked woman looks like it might be worth a watch.

I've got that on DVD somewhere but never actually watched it.  All those women-in-prison sexploitation films like Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS and Amazon Jail are basically rubbish.

• Philly_Q said:
    About 40 minutes of Bare Behind Bars. Thank you Horror Channel.

I've got that on DVD somewhere but never actually watched it.  All those women-in-prison sexploitation films like Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS and Amazon Jail are basically rubbish.

Apparently if you have the right DVD  there an extra 7 minutes of indecency. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22856
    It's the Blue Underground Region 1, uncut as far as I know.  

There's another one called 99 Women, Blue Underground released two different editions of that - one at 90 minutes and the "X-Rated French Version" which is 7 or 8 minutes longer.

• has anybody watched 'Slow West'? saw it a couple of weeks ago and thought it was very good:

• Citizen Four
    Documentary about Edward Snowden, the guy who released all the NSA files through The Guardian.
    About 20 minutes in I was getting a bit fidgety, then it grabbed me. Fascinating watching something of this magnitude happen rather than focusing on it afterwards.
    Snowden seems quite calm yet there are times when you see the emotions he's going through etched in his face. It's also scary on the level that whatever I type, where I'm typing it and who to is being logged by our government in the UK. Were not necessarily being watched but logged in case we need to be watched in the future. It's scary stuff when you think about it.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    I bought the bluray of the SciFi film Prometheus for a couple of quid off ebay to try out on my 1000W home theatre system, I haven't got around to watching it yet.
    >-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    hotpot;778211" said:
    I bought the bluray of the SciFi film Prometheus for a couple of quid off ebay to try out on my 1000W home theatre system, I haven't got around to watching it yet.

>-)
    You will be wanting the "films you haven't got around to watching yet" thread :D

• hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    underdog said:
    You will be wanting the "films you haven't got around to watching yet" thread :D

LOL me medications not kicked in yet.
    :((
  • Magnolia (1999)

Epic mosaic movie - mix of characters and plots - beautiful shots and photography plus Tom Cruise on absolute top form (Im not his biggest fan at all, but I like him in drama roles).
    Really good movie, bit surprised I haven't seen it before.

8/10
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72350
    Magnolia (1999)

Epic mosaic movie - mix of characters and plots - beautiful shots and photography plus Tom Cruise on absolute top form (Im not his biggest fan at all, but I like him in drama roles).
    Really good movie, bit surprised I haven't seen it before.
    That's probably his best performance other than Collateral.

Jason Robards totally steals it though, despite almost never even moving.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Watched rise of the krays last night, apart from the ending being a bit sudden I'd give it 7/10.