RIP Sean Lock

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1299
     I did wonder if he'd been unwell based on how he looked
    He had some time away from Cats a bit back due to ill health, then returned with a really gravelly voice.  I suspected at that time that it might have been throat cancer, but don't know if that's true.

I completely agree that 15 Storeys High is one of the best comedies ever, and so criminally underrated.  I'm off to get trollied and find a plough to nick In honour of Sean.

OI!!!!!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6880
    Damnit todays been a shit day, this weeks been shit but this has made me proper sad.

He was hilarious. :( Never knew he was ill either.

Rest in peace bud.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Sad news. RIP Sean. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12363
    Bod said:
     I did wonder if he'd been unwell based on how he looked
    He had some time away from Cats a bit back due to ill health, then returned with a really gravelly voice.  I suspected at that time that it might have been throat cancer, but don't know if that's true.

My wife said the same. He’d obviously lost some weight and his voice had changed so it looked like he’d had some serious issues. Still a shock to hear he’s gone, very funny guy. His mascots on Cats does Countdown were always brilliant. 

RIP. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RIP

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I only just found out when I clicked on youtube clips of 8 out 10 does Countdown.
    Not only was he terrifically funny, he also came across as someone who would live up to your expectations if you were to meet him. A genuine, decent sort of bloke who didn't give himself airs & graces.
    Jeremy Hardy, now Sean Lock, comedy's lost a wealth of talent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    Absolutely gutted. 

One of my favourites ever, and great on the radio too. 

This clip sums him up for me. Brilliant, rambling monologues that just get more and more ridiculous... and the one line quip at the end is just the funniest thing I've ever heard on television! 

what does he say to Rachel Riley?

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    viz said:
    Absolutely gutted. 

One of my favourites ever, and great on the radio too. 

This clip sums him up for me. Brilliant, rambling monologues that just get more and more ridiculous... and the one line quip at the end is just the funniest thing I've ever heard on television! 

what does he say to Rachel Riley?

"That's a challenging wank." Genius!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 953
    Just wanted to mention they've put Sean Lock's sitcom 15 Storeys High on the BBC iPlayer. Well worth a watch.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    58 and 3 kids, how sad.