Red light fever ......or that's what I'm told it is !

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5420
    Jimbo55 said:

I must admit to getting preoccupied with what I do wrong, rather than what went right, and this is fortunately how most audiences can be so encouraging, musicians themselves are incredibly supportive.

I think that most of us, other than the truly brilliant/egotists, do that. All of my "go for it" comments on here come from someone who more often than not walks off thinking "Well, I totally fucked that up" or "I'm not going tonight, I'll just be shit and everyone will hate me".

And the one about not sweating mistakes? That was because the night before I had a two-song spot at a really, really nice local venue, which is a joy to play (proper sound, proper stage, people actually paying to be there and wanting to listen), and I managed to forget the words to my own songs. I fronted it out and incorporated it into what I was doing, but got down thinking "FFS! You're the barbarian at the feast as it is, don't compound it by screwing up you useless cretin". Despite that got loads of unsolicited "good set", "well done", "nice one", "liked that last one" etc. on the way back to my seat - more than sympathy and politeness required ;)

You don't focus on what doesn't need fixing, but the people listening to you aren't listening to that, they're just wanting to be entertained.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom