Anyone a Turnstile fan?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Vintage65 said:
    Post summer 2022, I don’t reckon any of those kids are getting anywhere near the stage.   Every venue they play will have barriers and security.  
    In my opinion that’s a massive shame because the whole stage diving thing was part of their show. That’s not me gatekeeping, I just think that’s one of the things that made a Turnstile gig so great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 335
    edited November 2022
    RobDavies said:
    Post summer 2022, I don’t reckon any of those kids are getting anywhere near the stage.   Every venue they play will have barriers and security.  
    In my opinion that’s a massive shame because the whole stage diving thing was part of their show. That’s not me gatekeeping, I just think that’s one of the things that made a Turnstile gig so great. 
    The band have already addressed this issue and they will be tailoring their shows for different audiences. The split came when they became popular during the summer festival season, so there are now essentially two iterations of Turnstile - the authentic version that we know and love, and Turnstile light for the normies. If you want to see the legit Turnstile, book for next years Outfest as they are very loyal to that festival.

I don't blame them for taking this approach, as a lot of their best songs didn't achieve any commercial success, and now on this current trajectory the band will at least be able to put something away for later life.

Here's a glimpse of the "new" Turnstile, which coincidentally is the audience view of the Billie Eilish clip posted above.

• Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 335
    edited December 2022
    Turnstile nominated for 3 Grammy Awards

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/turnstile-grammy-nominations-glow-on-1234632091/

The downfall is complete!