Whatever happened to Maverick guitars?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    Them's beads man! That's what we wore post mullet.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • *Holy Thread Re-Re-Revival Time*

I happen to be back in Cornwall this weekend and can grab a Species 2 model for not a lot of money while I’m here, worth a look do we think? I can’t remember the last time I’d have spent so little on a guitar if so...!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    edited August 2018

'Brocklebank has played guitar since 1983, and clearly states his career goal, “The UK doesn’t seem to produce great rock guitar players any more.

Something must be done and in a humble way I’m flying the flag. It would be great to be seen as someone who reversed the trend of the last decade or so' http://www.rotosound.com/neil-brocklebank/ 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • terada said:

'Brocklebank has played guitar since 1983, and clearly states his career goal, “The UK doesn’t seem to produce great rock guitar players any more.

Something must be done and in a humble way I’m flying the flag. It would be great to be seen as someone who reversed the trend of the last decade or so' http://www.rotosound.com/neil-brocklebank/ 

I’ve still got a copy of his ‘Audio Violence’ album somewhere. Saw him at a guitar show back in the 90’s 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • XcoreXcore Frets: 2
    I remember one in my local now shut down music shop, British racing green with thoughs strange chrome controls 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    *Holy Thread Re-Re-Revival Time*

I happen to be back in Cornwall this weekend and can grab a Species 2 model for not a lot of money while I’m here, worth a look do we think? I can’t remember the last time I’d have spent so little on a guitar if so...!
    I just looked up this model. Shape’s a bit marmite 
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1243
    Loobs said:
    I wonder if he's a relative of Hector Brocklebank?
     (for those not familiar with the name, I'd suggest a google/youtube search for some entertainment)
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Xcore said:
    I remember one in my local now shut down music shop, British racing green with thoughs strange chrome controls 
    https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/48777437/holy-mother-of-god.jpg

• DrBob said:
    *Holy Thread Re-Re-Revival Time*

I just looked up this model. Shape’s a bit marmite 
    Yeah, but I have a soft spot for Explorers & Mockingbirds, as well as “shape” guitars in general! Looks like it’s not gonna happen this time around, I’ll keep an eye out for one closer to home though methinks.