These won't last long

What's Hot

Comments

• It's a lovely thing and feels so much better when you think you've got a bargain...
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o605/banjo74/CAD3C490-B0B8-44DC-91ED-CEF7EC2AFE5B_zpso9wsv7wg.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Should any of the lucky ones who snared a Mustang find themselves pondering whether what they actually really want or need is in fact a black Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster, I'm here...

Just saying ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Nice to see all this tele action too :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    edited August 2014
    CeeBee said:
    These are all now on Andertons, bit higher prices than Peach/Coda were selling them at but cheaper than GG;

Can't see the Jaguarillo though. :(

The Hot Rod American Vintage Tele is a bit of a bargain at £699 if you like black Teles.
    +1

They seem to be gone now, though. The USA deluxe tele is a pretty good deal too, though not just as good as the AVRIs at £700-£750. Also it seems to be rosewood, despite the pic in the blog post being maple. I like both, but given the free choice generally prefer maple.

Not sure... On the one hand I'm glad I got mine at £700 (on the way, hasn't arrived yet... I've probably jinxed it by posting about it before it's come :D). On the other, there are a few more options there with Andertons which would've made the choice a bit harder. That hot rod '52 especially.

Ah well, I could've missed all of them, I suppose.

EDIT: Wows all round for those who got their guitars already :)
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    That 52 Hot Rod. 699 quid!? Bargain of the century.
    edited August 2014
    Steady on here I'm trying to tell myself I did the right thing.

EDIT: And like most crazy good bargains, a lot of the time it just means someone else gets it (i.e. it seems to be gone already). :))
  • A_T_WA_T_W Frets: 66
    CeeBee said:
    These are all now on Andertons, bit higher prices than Peach/Coda were selling them at but cheaper than GG;

Can't see the Jaguarillo though. :(

The Hot Rod American Vintage Tele is a bit of a bargain at £699 if you like black Teles.
    Any other colour and I'd be so tempted. Just need a butterscotch one to appear ...
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 452
    edited August 2014
    I caved in and ordered a Trohman Tele as well, should be with me in the morning, should be a great base for modding
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22910
    I'm sorely tempted by the American Vintage Thinlines, but largely, really, because of the crazy price.... 

I know I wouldn't get on with the vintage radius and frets.  And the necks are relatively slim too, aren't they?
    Its a fender fest :)
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    edited August 2014
    I'm going on holiday tomorrow. Bad timing for jumping on a bargain. I'm genuinely amazed by these prices.
    ^^^me too^^^

Great for all us fender fiends ;)
    edited August 2014
    A_T_W said:
    Any other colour and I'd be so tempted. Just need a butterscotch one to appear ...
    Most of the ones which are really good deals seem to be the less sought-after colours. I don't think I'd hold my breath for a buterscotch one, even the black one seemed to go super-quickly...
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm sorely tempted by the American Vintage Thinlines, but largely, really, because of the crazy price.... 

I know I wouldn't get on with the vintage radius and frets.  And the necks are relatively slim too, aren't they?
    I thought the 72 thinline was specced as having a 9.5" radius and 6105 frets (according to the coda site i think) but i just checked andertons and it's saying 7.25" and vintage frets. I have to say that sort of makes more sense (i tried to check the fender site before i bought but it was taken off). I don't really care too much either way (as long as it's not a guitar i'd be playing the widdly 80s stuff on).
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22910
    Dave_Mc said:
    I thought the 72 thinline was specced as having a 9.5" radius and 6105 frets (according to the coda site i think) but i just checked andertons and it's saying 7.25" and vintage frets. I have to say that sort of makes more sense (i tried to check the fender site before i bought but it was taken off). I don't really care too much either way (as long as it's not a guitar i'd be playing the widdly 80s stuff on).
    I confess I haven't really been keeping up with the Fender range recently, but the American Vintage models have always (AFAIK) had 7.25" radius and vintage frets.

There's another model now, the FSR American Vintage '72 Thinline (no idea what FSR means.... ah, Fender Special Run!), which has the 9.5" radius and bigger frets.  I think it's only available in black and sunburst.

Looking forward to hearing your opinion on the Thinline, anyway.  I think it looks great in the candy apple red.  I normally would choose natural ash, but Fender always seem to use three pieces and match the joins badly!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    As it now runs to seven pages, this must be the least accurate thread title in the history of the FB.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Shit.

I'm not supposed to be buying guitars.

Squier Joe Trohman ordered from Peach.

I really have to get rid of some of the others now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Dave_Mc;327177" said:
    A_T_W said:

Most of the ones which are really good deals seem to be the less sought-after colours. I don't think I'd hold my breath for a buterscotch one, even the black one seemed to go super-quickly...

Philly_Q said:

I also noticed the inconsistencies with the stated fingerboards radius. I have a mij strat that's 7.25 and this thinline feels flatter to me so I'm assuming it's 9.5, though I'm no expert.

The thinlines neck is also not as chunky as the mij strat.
  • Will absolutely be buying a Trohman Tele next week with the purpose of stripping out the guts, sticking in a Hum-size P-90 and using it as a back-up to my Les Paul Junior.

Exciting times!
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    Madness...only one Mustang left at GuitarGuitar but they have 22 Jaguarillos! They'll surely have to drop the price below £399...
  • Will absolutely be buying a Trohman Tele next week with the purpose of stripping out the guts, sticking in a Hum-size P-90 and using it as a back-up to my Les Paul Junior.

Exciting times!
    If they last that long!