Gilly’s derailing of the Facebook outage thread

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Gilly said:
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:
    This is all coming down to those who use Facebook and Instagram for a specific reason vs those who denounce it for a variety of issues they have had or have read about. If you don’t use these platforms, fine. But to try and use another online platform to say that the aforementioned platforms are pointless, dangerous or will one day be obsolete is a combination of ironic, ignorant and arrogant. 

You might be posting your opinions on a forum with minimal traffic (compared to Facebook) but you are still using the internet to push your ideals on others who seem to be able to manage their other social media perfectly fine. 

But, I’ve got little else to add without embellishing more on my personal experiences on social media which I don’t care to do right now.
    Not all social media platforms are the same. How hard is that to understand?
    I understand social media perfectly well, thank you. I know it well enough to grow a business off the back of it, avoid personal issues that others have mentioned and keep a mortgage paid and family of 5 fed from earning on it. I’ll bid you farewell and good luck. 
    Scott…

Says the man who joined the thread just to have a pop at me, called me a “knobend”  and hasn’t actually contributed anything at all to the debate about social media.
    Dude, I you're starting to sound like a typical Facebook troll, know when to stop. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Gilly said:
    Says the man who joined the thread just to have a pop at me, called me a “knobend”  and hasn’t actually contributed anything at all to the debate about social media.
    Was already in the thread before you joined just to post “good riddance”… 

all you’ve done so far is state how poisonous to society Facebook is…

Facebook and Instagram are invaluable tools for small businesses to get their brands out there on a global scale!…

Facebook and Instagram are platforms that enable bands and unsigned artists to reach a global audience that previously they couldn’t access without the weight of a major label behind them…

whatsapp has made it possible for people to stay in contact with each other without paying ridiculous fees to cell providers for sms messages… 

Is there a shitty side to Facebook? Undoubtedly yes… but you don’t have to see it, you don’t have to get your news from your feed, you don’t have to use it… but… don’t knock the people that do use it for something more than just shitposting and looking at fake news stories… 

As already pointed out, there’s plenty of places for trolls to do their thing even if they’re not on Facebook!…

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Gilly said:
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:
    This is all coming down to those who use Facebook and Instagram for a specific reason vs those who denounce it for a variety of issues they have had or have read about. If you don’t use these platforms, fine. But to try and use another online platform to say that the aforementioned platforms are pointless, dangerous or will one day be obsolete is a combination of ironic, ignorant and arrogant. 

You might be posting your opinions on a forum with minimal traffic (compared to Facebook) but you are still using the internet to push your ideals on others who seem to be able to manage their other social media perfectly fine. 

But, I’ve got little else to add without embellishing more on my personal experiences on social media which I don’t care to do right now.
    I understand social media perfectly well, thank you. I know it well enough to grow a business off the back of it, avoid personal issues that others have mentioned and keep a mortgage paid and family of 5 fed from earning on it. I’ll bid you farewell and good luck. 
    Scott…

When multiple people are telling you that you're the one being a dick, you are probably being a dick.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2804
    octatonic said:
    Gilly said:
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:

Scott…

When multiple people are telling you that you're the one being a dick, you are probably being a dick.

At the same time you could apply that scenario to bullying too?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1123
    octatonic said:
    Gilly said:
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:

Scott…

More insults. So in summary I’m a “knobend”, a “dick” and a “troll”, all because I had the temerity to say I don’t like Facebook.

Wow, what a friendly bunch you are.
    Gilly said:
    octatonic said:
    Gilly said:
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:

Scott…

More insults. So in summary I’m a “knobend”, a “dick” and a “troll”, all because I had the temerity to say I don’t like Facebook.

That isn't it at all.
    I don't care one way or the other about your views about Facebook.
    You're just arguing for the sake of arguing now.
    Enjoy.
    octatonic said:
    Gilly said:
    octatonic said:
    Gilly said:
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:

Scott…

That isn't it at all.
    Enjoy.
    And so what are you doing? You’re not even interested in the discussion. You only joined in to effectively tell me to shut up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gilly said:
    octatonic said:

That isn't it at all.
    Enjoy.
    And so what are you doing? You’re not even interested in the discussion. You only joined in to effectively tell me to shut up.
    Maybe take the advice being given out then!!!

Also… trim your posts!!!!
    edited October 2021
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:
    octatonic said:

That isn't it at all.
    Enjoy.

Um, okay. I should shut up but you continue to have your say - is that how it works?

What exactly was the point of your comment? If I’m a troll as you say, what do you think you’ve just done, genius?
    edited October 2021
    Gilly said:
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:
    octatonic said:

That isn't it at all.
    Enjoy.

Um, okay. I should shut up but you continue to have your say - is that how it works?

What exactly was the point of your comment? If I’m a troll as you say, what do you think you’ve just done, genius?
    No one is saying that.
    You're entitled to express your opinion but bickering in this manner with everyone is simply going to get the thread locked.

FWIW, I actually didn't call you a dick- I was referring to one of the forum rules.
    If you examine the forum rules it says that rule 1 is 'don't be a dick'.
    My point was that if loads of people are calling you out then maybe take a moment of self reflection and think 'what can I do to diffuse the situation?'.

For my part I'll step back and let you do whatever you wish to.
    No one is bullying you, no one is saying you can't express your opinion either.
    That doesn't mean your opinion won't be discussed when it is expressed so... forcefully.

Gilly said:
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:
    octatonic said:

That isn't it at all.
    Enjoy.

Mate… you have nothing to say and you say it to loudly…

This entire thread is posts telling you to stfu and you responding with “ wha wha No wha wha”…

give it a rest now… ya boring!!!!!
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    edited October 2021
    octatonic said:
    Gilly said:
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:
    octatonic said:

That isn't it at all.
    Enjoy.

No one is saying that.
    You're entitled to express your opinion but bickering in this manner with everyone is simply going to get the thread locked.

FWIW, I actually didn't call you a dick- I was referring to one of the forum rules.
    My point was that if loads of people are calling you out then maybe take a moment of self reflection and think 'what can I do to diffuse the situation?'.

That doesn't mean your opinion won't be discussed when it is expressed so... forcefully.

in fairness, all he did was express an opinion (not one I share). He was directly insulted, being told that facebook was a better place without him. That really set the tone for the conversation, all he's doing now is responding in kind, but then so are others. It's unfair, IMO, to single him out for blame when this mealy stew was created by multiple cooks.

EDIT: but as you say, no doubt the thread will get locked before long. Hopefully he won't be coolered, but who knows...

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    Gilly said:
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:
    octatonic said:

That isn't it at all.
    Enjoy.

No one is saying that.

Literally the next post after yours is someone saying “ give it a rest now… ya boring!!!!!”.
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:
    octatonic said:

That isn't it at all.
    Enjoy.

Mate… you have nothing to say and you say it to loudly…

This entire thread is posts telling you to stfu and you responding with “ wha wha No wha wha”…

give it a rest now… ya boring!!!!!
    You ought to follow your own advice and maybe have some more insight into your own shitposting.
    Gilly said:
    You ought to follow your own advice and maybe have some more insight into your own shitposting.
    Rule 1 of the forum fella!!!! 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    poopot said:
    Gilly said:
    Rule 1 of the forum fella!!!! 

My irony meter just went into overdrive!!!
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3052
    Fucking hell does every thread recently have to turn in to a bitchfest? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HottubesHottubes Frets: 394
    :lol: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.