D'Addario Pro arte classical nylon strings?

What's Hot
Sorry to ask again. Does anyone have any experience of these? Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GillyGilly Frets: 1123
    Yes. They’re good, reliable strings. Very consistent quality and not expensive. Some people view them as a bit too neutral or boring (whatever that means). They’re definitely not bright strings so if that’s what you want maybe look at another brand.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 238
    I've been using the Pro Arte EJ45s for well over a decade on my Ramirez, and never had any reason to look at other brands. Sound good, last ages, and decent prices - a thumbs up from me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • They are reliable and good quality, the third (G) string is a little thick and tubby, but thats often the case with basic nylon strings as opposed to some of the more expensive materials. A good neutral starting point, cheap too.
  • moremore Frets: 230
    edited January 2022
    They were the basic ,in every shop , classic guitar strings for years . Still popular but lost some customers because a few years a go ,most sets being sold online  were Chinese made fakes. There are so many alternative  on offer now . D’Addario strings sound a bit flat to me . I prefer La Bella 820 ,
  • Used them for year.. Reliable.  Don’t play at a level to need to pay a lot more.
  • I found them fine on my Yamaha. I used to use the hard tension ones. 
    I did move to Augustine though, and found them to be an improvement on that particular instrument. 

I put a set of the daddarios on my Burguet and they sound and felt awful. (the Augustines didn't fair much better). 
    I have since moved onto savarez and I have found them to sound nicer and last longer. 

I do find acoustic/classical guitars just work better with some brands so you need to try them all and see which one you like the most. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.

• I do find acoustic/classical guitars just work better with some brands so you need to try them all and see which one you like the most. 
    Many thanks for yours and others advice.

It sounds to me like the pro-arte strings are an OK standard choice for a mass produced budget guitar, but for a more sensitive instrument it might be worth experimenting with other brands as well.

The reason I ask is I recently bought a yamaha classical guitar(from a member of this forum), and although I really enjoy the feel of it, I find the strings to be really dull sounding.

The packaging certainly looks the business.
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    @Smellyfingers ; I have a friend who plays classical guitar and she uses La Bella strings if that helps with your choices :) 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Many professional players use D'Addarios on concert guitars, so don't be fooled into thinking they're for budget guitar players. However, while I use them if there's nothing else going, I do find them a bit uninspiring compared to other brands. That said, the polished versions are very good indeed. My personal choice is Savarez. 
  • GTCGTC Frets: 266
    They are general reliable and perform competently. I also use Savarez on some guitars although my current favourites are the warmer sounding and more difficult to find Knobloch strings.
  • I use Savarez on my classicals, I personally don't rate D'Addario's classical guitar strings, I don't like the way that they feel, play, and am not impressed by their sound. Considering how long classical guitar strings last for, I thnk it's worth spending extra for better strings.  The real posiive thing about them is how easy they are to get, they're generally sold in every music shop that sellss classical guitars.