Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Funniest clip I've seen in quite a while

What's Hot
1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7378
    I would like a bit of what he's obviously taken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2253
    There's no context. Has he played no solos in the set and he's been allowed to go for at the end? Is it the rehearsal before the gig as its daylight and he's getting it of his system ready to play mustang Sally and uptown funk all night? Is it a jam open mike and he's been given 3 minutes and thought the pubs full of internet experts I'll show them how to play?
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Tannin said:
    Let’s see your stuff then @tannin ;

or are you just posting this to be a nasty little bitch again?
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5526
    On the contrary, there is a song being played. He's not playing it, he is wanking disgracefully. It's so bad it is very funny. Seriously clueless lead guitar wank of the very worst kind. 

(But to his credit, he apparently posted the clip to laugh at himself.)
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5407
    i'd say it was more a case of the bassist not knowing what to do to keep up with the drums and the guitar, personally.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Tannin said:

It's so bad it is very funny. Seriously clueless lead guitar wank of the very worst kind. 

As I thought, you just posted to be a nasty little bitch…

again, let’s see your playing!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tannin said:
    On the contrary, there is a song being played. He's not playing it, he is wanking disgracefully. It's so bad it is very funny. Seriously clueless lead guitar wank of the very worst kind. 

(But to his credit, he apparently posted the clip to laugh at himself.)
    This was prob the best moment of the gig. 

How many ‘tasteful’ solos do we need anymore? 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • I cant tell if it's funny because there is not enough context.

Great Holdsworth lines. I'd 100% watch this guy shred with enjoyment if I was stuck in a shitty pub with a covers band. In fact I'd tell him to take the blues licks out and go more out.

What was the question again?
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1817
    edited February 2022
    I wonder if he did it on purpose just for YouTube regardless of the context.

Not sure f he's still doing Boss demos but either way he seems to have embraced the meme culture these days.
  • vizviz Frets: 10719
    Absolutely, that trem flutter-warble at 0:52 was simply NOT required. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • viz said:
    Absolutely, that trem flutter-warble at 0:52 was simply NOT required. 
    Agreed, just wait until the Whammy-Bar Guild (non-locking chapter) see this outrageous flutter abuse.  Wouldn’t want to be there! 

Me, I like what he’s doing.  He’s in time and in control of his playing.  I wouldn’t want to hear that all the time, but yeah!! 
  • vizviz Frets: 10719
    edited February 2022
    slacker said:
    There's no context. Has he played no solos in the set and he's been allowed to go for at the end? Is it the rehearsal before the gig as its daylight and he's getting it of his system ready to play mustang Sally and uptown funk all night? Is it a jam open mike and he's been given 3 minutes and thought the pubs full of internet experts I'll show them how to play?
    Apparently it was his audition for the Tennessee-based trio “Ole Soul Acoustic Blues”, replacing the previous guitarist who’d died of old age. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • I thought it was pretty cool.
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1363
    Alex Hutchings.
    There's no question the dude has studied the instrument and can shred - on the evidence of his youtube page he works seriously hard at this...

He's a strange one - he's at once eager to do the whole Guthrie Govan thing - and self aware that what he is doing is so ridiculously over the top and bizarrely out of context of what the music actually requires...?!

Personally - I find it exhausting. It's like somebody cramming 20 years of Guitar Techniques lessons into a single solo... but the dude keeps hooking up with bands, playing gigs like there's no tomorrow at venues around the world...hustling...
    whatever he is doing is certainly working for him...
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • I cant tell if it's funny because there is not enough context.
    Well, in case anyone missed it, the point is that it's funny because Alex Hutchings posted the video in order to poke fun at himself and the ludicrous things that can happen when you forget which band you're in for a moment.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1602
    Tannin said:
    Not sure I agree fully. I thought there were at least 3 or 4 notes in there that worked very well.
  • CaseOfAce said:
    Alex Hutchings.
    There's no question the dude has studied the instrument and can shred - on the evidence of his youtube page he works seriously hard at this...

He's a strange one - he's at once eager to do the whole Guthrie Govan thing - and self aware that what he is doing is so ridiculously over the top and bizarrely out of context of what the music actually requires...?!

Personally - I find it exhausting. It's like somebody cramming 20 years of Guitar Techniques lessons into a single solo... but the dude keeps hooking up with bands, playing gigs like there's no tomorrow at venues around the world...hustling...
    whatever he is doing is certainly working for him...
    I saw him as part of Steven Wilson's band a couple of years ago and he was spot on...if he wants to melt faces at a pub gig with tongue firmly in cheek; that's okay with me ;)
  • Im more concerned about how high that guitar is
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10453
    I got no problem with the over the top-ness and the speed, I just didn't think it was very good and went on for way too long. 

Still Looks like a pub gig jam so it's not like the bar is set very high to begin with. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Legend!