The Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop

What's Hot
For anyone who has no idea who I am or what I do, I work mainly in education and one of my main education projects is the Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop.

This project is best described as follows (from the blog 'biog'):

If you want to do something, you may as well do it properly. To do something properly, you need the right information and when you have the right information, you need the right guidance as to how this information may be applied. With the right information you're in the best place to start, and it is only from this truth that real, high quality progress can be made. Where all of this may seem simple and straightforward, like anything which seems too good to be true, it often is. When it comes to any creative endevour, there is an additional challenge which complicates all of this greatly. What if there are many truths? What if there is a whole world of truth to explore? Some of it seemingly contradictory! Where one persons perception of 'good music' and another persons perception can be radically different, how do we manage, quantify, and work with this truth? Exploring this situation and consistently questioning it is a large part of what this project is about. This is the reason that a permanently evolving collection of ideas and updates for a community of progressive thinking guitar players exists within this blog. This is why this project is not, and never will be 'finished'. It lives and breathes as music itself lives and breathes. If you want to develop your skills as a guitarist and musician, the truth is that there are no "guitar secrets", no "quick fix solutions", and no "shortcuts to great playing" despite some of the claims made by some adverts that you may have seen online for some guitar tuition courses. Like anything worthwhile, it takes time, dedication, discipline, and practice, but the rewards for your efforts will outweigh the commitment that you will need to make if you have the right information and the right guidance. Welcome to the real thing, welcome to the Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop.

The project is currently "offline" for a thorough revision/update, but hopefully it will be back online before the end of this year.

However, within the CGPW is a collection of 3 books under the collective heading "Strategies for the Self-Sufficient Guitarist". Latest editions of these books will be available much sooner, and hopefully I'll be able to provide a link to where they will be available in the next few weeks.

Teacher, musician, generally an enthusiastic and peaceful idealist. Run the Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop education project and the Audio Design Workshop studio. Online guitar and piano/keyboard lessons available over Zoom/Skype. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nikharrisonnikharrison Frets: 95
    edited March 2022
    How can I add a PDF here?
    Teacher, musician, generally an enthusiastic and peaceful idealist. Run the Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop education project and the Audio Design Workshop studio. Online guitar and piano/keyboard lessons available over Zoom/Skype. 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2083
    How can I add a PDF here?
    Probably a link to it on google drive or dropbox is easiest.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Brief project update:

Two books available now:

"Make a Plan, Do the Work" and "The Scale Practice Manual".

Message me if you would like one (or both) of these books.

There is also now a new and updated CGPW facebook page which has a load of free stuff on it. It can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557034114212

Now with free diagrams for every major, harmonic major, melodic minor, harmonic minor, and pentatonic frameworks in every key, and including more diagrams outlining every accessible interval and most used moveable chord shapes, the CGPW facebook page is being updated regularly, and can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557034114212
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom