2»

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 947
    @Cryptid ; thanks mate. The setup needs dialling in tbh. But it's giggable as it is, so I'll wait awhile...you know, let it acclimatise to its new home :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Mellish said:
    @bertie ; no, sorry mate, I don't. I'd love to be able to show it off but this phone is absolutely basic :/
    its not the phone,  its where the pic is stored :)     you cant post pics "to" this site, only embed links to where they are stored elsewhere.......................... so you could email them to someone else to "host"
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    Kettle, mate? Surely a drop of the old amber nectar ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2022
    @bertie ; this phone won't do email add-ons, that's why I couldn't email them to @Tannin. There *may* be a way round it but I'm no good at that sort of thing.Off to take Bowler for a walk  
    For those wondering who Bowler is, he's a two-year-old Yorkshire Terrier. We got him from a vet. Bowler's owner had passed away and the little fella  was looking for a new home. We've had him a year tomorrow :) 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    sorry just assumed you (like me) was using a proper grown up computer ;) 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    Congratulations @Mellish , so good hear that you have found what you are looking for. Even better for you, having had the chance to play a few alternatives and make certain of your choice. A nice Gibson is something to be treasured ( and I am a sucker for a cherry sunburst  :) ).
    @bertie no worries mate ;). @artiebear thanks mate. Needs a bit doing setup-wise but I'm leaving that for two weeks or so to let it acclimatise :) 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72382
    Missed this thread somehow - despite it being right next to the other one! - but somewhat late, I will say...

Now you know why I've been going on and on about these for years :).

They really are one of the great guitars, and rather oddly overlooked for some reason.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

@ICBM I do, I totally get it. This one was anchored to the Gibson display wall, so couldn't just be removed and played. As a result, it went to sleep a little? But now is coming out of its shell. Lovely, lovely thing. I tried Atkins, Lowdens but no bond. One strum of a G chord in the first position sealed the deal. Tomorrow is its first gig :)