Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Return or Refund - guitar bridge has been used.

What's Hot

Comments

• ADPADP Frets: 184
    I really don't believe they tested it. What is there to test? The only moving parts are eight adjustment screws. At the very best, they were trying it out, but t's more likely that someone changed his mind about buying one, and they've repackaged it as a way to make more money from selling it as new. I'd like to know who it was so I know who not to buy parts from in future.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    ADP said:
    I really don't believe they tested it. What is there to test? The only moving parts are eight adjustment screws. At the very best, they were trying it out, but t's more likely that someone changed his mind about buying one, and they've repackaged it as a way to make more money from selling it as new. I'd like to know who it was so I know who not to buy parts from in future.
    100% agreed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited September 2014
    ADP said:

This is a copy paste of the FIRST email I got from them.  I have not yet received a second email as a reply to asking for clarification of my options regarding amount of partial refund etc.  I will update with what they say, but for now this details exactly what they said about the parts so there is no confusion/paraphrasing.  Names removed but zero editing done, this is what I received after I told them it was a used part.  I'd like to resolve the issue first before posting about the company. Except for the 'we test things' part (and admin staff do sometimes get stuff wrong) the offer of free return or partial refund seems appropriate action, so far I'm not upset with the returns staff but I am obviously annoyed that this is taking up my time.

----------------------

thank you for your mail and the pictures!

We are truly sorry for those inconveniences!

We would like to inform you that we do check several of those “PRS ACC-4005 Stop Tail”

as part of our quality controll and, most probably, you have received one of those.

We want to apologize that the included Allen Key was missing and,

as a consequence, would like to offer you a free return for the item for a refund.

If you, however, would like to keep it, it would even be possible to offer you some discount on its price.

Please let us know which option you would prefer.

• ADPADP Frets: 184

Worst... quality... control... ever!

So they take an immaculate part out of the packaging, damage it, lose parts and then sell it as new. Excellent! Maybe these guys were trained by Gibson.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ADP said:

Worst... quality... control... ever!

So they take an immaculate part out of the packaging, damage it, lose parts and then sell it as new. 

I did lol at this.  Pretty accurate assessment of what they've said on email haha.

Personally I think what might have happened is the returns staff is confused about what they test and what they don't... I'd assume they do test some things, but I also agree they should have no reason to test an item like this.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7793
    *cough* bullshit! *cough*
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Paul_C said:
    *cough* bullshit! *cough*

Possibly.  Ultimately all I want to do is play my guitar.
  • In tune.  

I can still play it, just can't intonate it for the tuning/string gauge I want to use.
  • Is it a 100% official PRS part...?

In which case...why the fooook would a dealer need to carry out their own quality control testing on the parts?

Are PRS known for poor quality control on their parts?

Why stock their parts if you distrust the bridges enough to need to take them out and bash them about before you're happy to sell them?

• I'm certain it is the real deal, but yeah I agree with everything else you've written.  That one looks the same as the other one which was new and which I have now fit - and it works superbly, really happy.  Not to mention the hassle of making a counterfiet product for something this niche probably means it is unlikely that there are fakes anyway.  

I haven't heard back from the company about clarifying how much they're offering as a partial refund, and given the time I don't think I'll get a response until tomorrow anyway.  I agree though there should be no reason to need to test the part.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    The second bridge is unquestionably second-hand, and I think even the 'new' one is - there should not be marks around the posts at all if brand new, they have been adjusted under string tension. To claim they have been "tested" and hence damaged in the process is a flat-out lie - and if it isn't, they are *now* second hand regardless.

I would want a refund of at least a third to half the purchase price - about the going rate for second hand vs new, not some token 'discount' - and if they won't do that, insist on a full refund and tell them you will complain to Trading Standards. Selling second hand goods as new is illegal, I think.

There is a well-known shop which is becoming quite notorious for this sort of behaviour...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Basically they are trying to defraud you. Write to PRS regarding this behaviour. And don't let up. Theft is theft...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Evilmags;342240" said:
    Basically they are trying to defraud you. Write to PRS regarding this behaviour
    PRS guard their reputation fiercely.

I'd get in touch with PRS Europe about this - I'd be very surprised if they didn't ensure the matter was resolved very quickly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    There is a well-known shop which is becoming quite notorious for this sort of behaviour...

Just to clarify, if you can guess which shop ICBM means (and I bet many can), that is not the same shop I'm dealing with.  I confirmed this via PM with him.

I have not yet had a reply to my message asking for clarification on how much compensation they are offering me to keep the used bridge. Given the time, I think it is unlikely I'll hear back today.  
  • Evilmags;342240" said:
    Basically they are trying to defraud you. Write to PRS regarding this behaviour
    PRS guard their reputation fiercely.

I'd get in touch with PRS Europe about this - I'd be very surprised if they didn't ensure the matter was resolved very quickly.

I couldn't find an email for PRS, but I have found one for PRS Europe parts division.  I am writing to them now to detail the situation.  Thanks.
  • Given they can't even be arsed to reply - if I was in your shoes I'd be looking for at least 50% of for all the hassle.

Sorry for misreading your post earlier...

Previously known as stevebrum
  • guitarfishbay;342273" said:
    I couldn't find an email for PRS, but I have found one for PRS Europe parts division.  I am writing to them now to detail the situation.  Thanks.
    As far as I know, Gavin Mortimer is the MD there still - I had dealings with him a couple of years ago (via the dealer - not directly) and he seems very good. I was forwarded a couple of e-mails which he sent - he seemed straight-forward and keen to resolve things.

If you don't get anywhere, try to get in contact with him.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    Clear breach of the Sale of Goods Act. Reject the goods now.

Ask them to make arrangements to collect it, at their expense, and demand a full refund. If you paid by credit card, be prepared to involve the credit card company as well.

If you accept the goods then you will harm your rights if it proves to be defective within an acceptable warranty period as you will have knowingly bought second-hand goods, to which different standards will apply.
  • You are being taken for a ride on this fella.

Get PRS involved and let them know what is happening to you.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited September 2014
    @stonevibe I have emailed PRS Europe parts division. It was the only email address I could find, otherwise I would have cc'd more. @scrumhalf I have not opened the used bridge packaging all I have done is take photos. Thing is - a replacement looks like it going to take weeks which is not fair on me. The shop states next shipment due on the 19th September as of the time of typing, that is a Friday, so delays delivery further. Nobody in Europe appeared to have the part in stock when I ordered it, not even the official shop. I didn't buy from the UK but did buy from the EU, for clarification the shop is a legit and major PRS dealer, do the same rules still apply?