SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Atkin Small Jumbo, Black Pearl, 25th Anniversary edition

What's Hot

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 947
    Give it a bump for ya :).

GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Thank you kind sir. I think that it might be going in a trade at the weekend if I can get something sorted. A couple of trade ideas on here, a couple on eBay, but nothing that's done the trick so far.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6136
    This is were we need an extra uber-wow! button when absolutely stunning instruments like this hit this forum.
    Just a gorgeous guitar.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    Thanks! It is a gorgeous guitar indeed.
    Call me Dave.
    Withdrawn for now - it's so striking in looks and sound that I know I'll regret selling this. I was trying to be sensible (ha!) as house refurb starts tomorrow, but sod it, I'll sell my body first. For medical research, obviously.
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well, the costs keep rolling in and there wasn't much interest in the offer to sell my body, apart from a derisory - but probably fair - bid from Pedigree Petfoods, so here it is again for your delectation and approbation.
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2022
    Gibson, Fender, Martin type trades considered.
    Call me Dave.
    What can I say, but... bump?
    Call me Dave.
  • Are you selling all your guitars DB1? You have sold quite a few over the last year or so. All crackin' instruments too. But no mention of your own personal one please! This is a family show.
    Sorry - I'm not with you there. They're all personal guitars, all bought in the hope that they'll be keepers. That's going well.  =)

It's been a difficult decision to sell this one in particular because it's beautiful IMO and a guitar of real quality. But I have to, so it will go at the weekend. I've had an offer from a dealer that I'm considering or it will go on consignment sale. I haven't decided which yet so if anyone wants a chat about it do let me know. 

Call me Dave.
  • It’s such a lovely looking guitar, Dave. I regret having sold my OM Atkin years ago, probably one of the best acoustics I ever owned. 
    Thanks Fred, it's very lovely. A project at home is demanding more and more cash and my ES350 hasn't sold yet, so a couple must make way, possibly including that beautiful blonde 335. :o
    Call me Dave.
    Something for the weekend sir?
    Call me Dave.
    Well, I dunno if I'm asking too much money for it, whether it's because the markets turned, or if people are repelled by my sunny personality. They're all possibilities.

I can't do much about the second two, but I can bash the price down to £2299 if anyone's interested. It's only here until the weekend then going to a dealer who has made an offer for it or for a consignment sale.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That strikes me as a very very good deal. Alister does indeed make some of the finest acoustics, either side of the Atlantic. 
    Thanks Fred - I paid £2600 for it a few months ago, and could have it sold it twice the day that I originally advertised it, but couldn't quite bring myself to let it go. The market's turned a bit, of course, since then, so it serves me right really.

I've had some interest again from the forum and from eBay and Gumtree, but mainly for trades which aren't quite for me. Hopefully the price reduction will appeal, but if not, no worries, I'll just take a dealer offer or, more likely, let it go for a consignment sale, which will at least give it greater reach.
    Call me Dave.
    Now sold to a really lovely forum member.

Thanks to admin for providing the facilities so that we can all talk nonsense and buy and sell guitars.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 135
    Dave I’m assuming you must have had to down a couple of strong ones after braving storm and flood to get to our meet this morning…so thanks . Fortunately for me Mrs Pumkin thinks the guitar sounds and looks lovely …. Hasn’t said the same about me though (-: 
    re: admin I’ll second your above comments.. we’re lucky to have this community! 
    Aye, genuinely the worst road/rain conditions that I've encountered in 45 years of driving on the M6 in Staffordshire and the M5 down towards Worcester. The car almost stopped at one point, the water was that deep.

Still, it was lovely weather in Bristol, and it was very well worth the trip and so glad that you like it, and - more important - Mrs Pumkin does. It's a beautiful guitar.

Dibs. =)
    Call me Dave.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    Nice one @pumkin grab all the good stuff and drag it back down to the Southwest…..looking forward to having a strum…I bet my rendition of Wonderwall will sound just amazing  =)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom